Dr. Neil Frank Gibbs M.D.
Dermatologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Dermatology34520 Bob Wilson Dr Dermatology Departme San Diego CA, 92134
Dr. Neil Gibbs is a pediatric dermatologist practicing in San Diego, CA. Dr. Gibbs specializes in the skin care of children. Pediatric dermatologists evaluate and manage both common and uncommon skin conditions that affect infants, children and teens. These conditions include acne, psoriasis, warts, skin infections, atopic dermatitis, herpes simplex and more. Pediatric dermatologists are also experts in more complex skin diseases like impetigo, hidradenitis and milaria. Dr. Gibbs diagnoses skin problems and develops unique treatments plans for each individual patient.
Education and Training
Uniformed Services Univ Of The Hlth Sci- Bethesda Md 1986
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- Pediatric Dermatology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Neonatal lupus erythematosus.
- A prospective comparison of octyl cyanoacrylate tissue adhesive (dermabond) and suture for the closure of excisional wounds in children and adolescents.
- What syndrome is this? Rabson-Mendenhall syndrome.
- Congenital tufted angioma.
- A nonspecific rash of abrupt onset. Gianotti-Crosti syndrome.
- What is your diagnosis? Berloque dermatitis.
- Juvenile plantar dermatosis. Can sweat cause foot rash and peeling?
- Hyperpigmented papules and plaques on chest.
- Dog tag dermatitis and nickel allergy in the military.
- Giant Basal cell carcinoma.
- Rapidly involuting congenital hemangioma (RICH): a brief case report.
- Progressive eruptive histiocytomas.
- Anogenital papillomavirus infections in children.
- The subcuticular "spider" stitch: a simple solution to suture breakage and patient discomfort in long incisions.
- Trauma-induced linear scleroderma.
Dr. Neil Frank Gibbs M.D.'s Practice location
San Diego, CA 92134Get Direction
Dr. Neil Frank Gibbs M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Gibbs
- Everything Parents Should Know Before Treating Heat Rash
Heat rash, which is also called as "miliaria" or "prickly heat" is a condition that affects the skin mostly out of a blockage of the sweat ducts. The blockage of these sweat pores is mostly known to be as a result of excess sweating, which leaves the pores unable to excrete all the sweat. Upon...
- What Is Molluscum Contagiosum? Treatment and Home Remedies
Molluscum contagiosum is a contagious skin infection, which is mostly seen in children and the elderly. The infection comes with uneven bumps on the skin, which get bigger in size. The bumps are itchy and develop blisters when scratched. Sexually active adults are usually affected by this skin...
- Treatments for Ringworm
What is ringworm?Ringworm is a common fungal infection of the skin. It is scientifically called as tinea corporis, and belongs to the group dermatophytes. Ringworm does not involve worms, as the name suggests. Instead, its name comes from the ring-like red patches that can occur on the arms, legs,...
- Hives in Children: Causes and Treatment
Hives is a common skin condition in children. It is characterized by itchy, raised, red and white welts on the skin. The condition is also medically known as urticaria. Hives are not contagious and may last for a few hours or days. However, in some cases, they may last for a few weeks.In this...
- What Is Seborrheic Dermatitis?
What is seborrheic dermatitis?Seborrheic dermatitis, or seborrhea, is a common skin disease that has no known direct cause. It is characterized by a red, itchy rash on the skin, often on the scalp, with scaly patches that flake off. It looks similar to eczema, psoriasis or an allergic reaction....
- Ringworm of the Body and Scalp
IntroductionDermatophytes are fungi that get nutrients from keratin for growth. They usually affect the skin, nails, and hair. The species that commonly invade the keratin are those that belong to the genus Trichophyton, Epidermophyton, and Microsporum. Fungal infections produce ring-like...