Dr. Justin Hill is a psychologist practicing in Bee Cave, TX. Dr. Hill uses empirically supported treatments, including acceptance- and cognitive-based interventions, to maximize therapeutic results. He works with individuals as well as couples, and treats a variety of presentations including anxiety, depression, relationship issues, grief, PTSD, and life transitions.
Education and Training
Suffolk University Ph.D. Clinical Psychology 2008
Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.'s Expert Contributions
Early on in intimate relationships, it is common for partners to overlook each other’s “flaws” or “shortcomings.” We may do it because we are partially blinded by our new love for the other. We may also do it because it makes us feel good to accept the other as a whole – the pleasant and...
Anxiety is a very natural emotion that all humans experience. A certain amount of anxiety can be healthy and very helpful for us. Anxiety can be a powerful motivator for us to work just a bit harder at our craft, whether it’s preparing for a big presentation at work, practicing more free throws...
A couple of years ago, I was driving on a busy road in the Boston area when a car pulled out right in front of me from a shopping complex parking lot, forcing me to slow down immediately so I didn’t hit him. Naturally, I was initially angered, frustrated and stunned by this sudden event. About a...
If you take a moment and check in with yourself, see if it isn’t true that, on some level, it feels as if your life is on hold in some way. When doing this, our minds will likely jump in and remind us that we have been living for quite a while, but see if you can move past that and get to...
The following is one of my favorite parables because it applies to so many aspects of life. It goes something like this: Two monks were walking silently on a path in the woods when they came across a woman on the bank of a stream, thinking about how to get across. With her permission, the elder...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director, General Mental Health Clinic VA Boston Healthcare System 2013 - 2017
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry Boston Univeristy School of Medicine 2012 - 2017
- Nga B. Pham Award 2017 VA Boston Healthcare Psychology Dept.
- Special Contribution Award 2013 VA Boston Healthcare Psychology Dept.
- Golden Heart Award 2011 VA Boston Healthcare Psychology Dept.
- Certificate of Merit - Psychologists in Public Service Award 2005 Division 18 of American Psychological Association
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- American Psychological Association
- Captial Area Psychological Association (CAPA)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Capital Area Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- True love of critical work and family support.
Hobbies / Sports
- Marathon Runner, Avid Soccer Fan, Plays Acoustic Guitar
Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.'s Practice location
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Justin Hill PH.D. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Age Group is Affected by Binge Eating Disorder?
Binge eating disorder is a serious, but curable eating disorder. Common characteristics of binge eating disorder consist of suicide risks, functional weakness and increased rate of the psychiatric condition co-occurring. Body image despair and eating disorders: what’s age got to do with it?The...
- Classes Teach Law Enforcement How to Respond to People with Autism
Oklahoma police sergeant Cory Sutton and his wife, Traci Sutton, were deeply disturbed when a close family friend relayed an incident that occurred between their special needs child and local law enforcement. Sutton and his wife have special needs twins. It was all too easy to put themselves in...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- What Are the Benefits of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Prescriptions in this century are made quickly and unnecessarily. You may find psychiatrists giving drugs that have several very nasty unnecessary side effects. There is, however, a natural, stress free, drug free method and routine for the disorders of the brain. Treatment is performed is by...
- What Is Emotional Eating?
There may be times that an individual will turn to junk food to deal with emotional stress. This habit of eating comfort foods to satisfy a feeling or an emotion is referred to as emotional eating. When an individual turns to emotional eating, he or she may over eat to try to combat strained...
- Depression: Finding the Right Antidepressant
The federal government’s health statisticians figure that about one in every 10 Americans take an antidepressant. The National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS) reports that the rate of antidepressant use in the US among teens and adults has increased by 400% from the years 1988 to 1994 to 2005...
- Dr. Sandy Andrews PH.D.1823 Fortview Rd. Austin TX 78704
- Dr. Brian Louis Vasquez PH.D.801 RR 620 SOUTH LAKEWAY TX 78734
- Dr. Nancy L Nussbaum PH.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Erikalin Nichole Ashton PSY.D.3724 Jefferson Street Austin TX 78731
- Dr. Allison Myers-fabian PHD5716 W HIGHWAY 290 STE 110 AUSTIN TX 78735
- Dr. William Anson Dailey PH.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705