Dr. Justin Hill is a psychologist practicing in Bee Cave, TX. Dr. Hill uses empirically supported treatments, including acceptance- and cognitive-based interventions, to maximize therapeutic results. He works with individuals as well as couples, and treats a variety of presentations including anxiety, depression, relationship issues, grief, PTSD, and life transitions.
Education and Training
Suffolk University Ph.D. Clinical Psychology 2008
Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.'s Expert Contributions
Early on in intimate relationships, it is common for partners to overlook each other’s “flaws” or “shortcomings.” We may do it because we are partially blinded by our new love for the other. We may also do it because it makes us feel good to accept the other as a whole – the pleasant and...
Anxiety is a very natural emotion that all humans experience. A certain amount of anxiety can be healthy and very helpful for us. Anxiety can be a powerful motivator for us to work just a bit harder at our craft, whether it’s preparing for a big presentation at work, practicing more free throws...
A couple of years ago, I was driving on a busy road in the Boston area when a car pulled out right in front of me from a shopping complex parking lot, forcing me to slow down immediately so I didn’t hit him. Naturally, I was initially angered, frustrated and stunned by this sudden event. About a...
If you take a moment and check in with yourself, see if it isn’t true that, on some level, it feels as if your life is on hold in some way. When doing this, our minds will likely jump in and remind us that we have been living for quite a while, but see if you can move past that and get to...
The following is one of my favorite parables because it applies to so many aspects of life. It goes something like this: Two monks were walking silently on a path in the woods when they came across a woman on the bank of a stream, thinking about how to get across. With her permission, the elder...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director, General Mental Health Clinic VA Boston Healthcare System 2013 - 2017
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry Boston Univeristy School of Medicine 2012 - 2017
- Nga B. Pham Award2017VA Boston Healthcare Psychology Dept.
- Special Contribution Award2013VA Boston Healthcare Psychology Dept.
- Golden Heart Award2011VA Boston Healthcare Psychology Dept.
- Certificate of Merit - Psychologists in Public Service Award2005Division 18 of American Psychological Association
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- American Psychological Association
- Captial Area Psychological Association (CAPA)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Capital Area Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- True love of critical work and family support.
Hobbies / Sports
- Marathon Runner, Avid Soccer Fan, Plays Acoustic Guitar
Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.'s Practice location
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Justin Hill PH.D. | Psychologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Explaining Autism to Friends and Family
After diagnosis comes an even more difficult task of having to break the news to friends and family. This is made more difficult by the fact that you and your spouse may not have fully come to terms with your child’s diagnosis. All the same, this is one of those things you will have to do sooner...
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Depression
Cognitive behavioral therapy is one of the most widely accepted treatments for depression. It is a combination of cognitive therapy and behavioral therapy that are used to modify a person’s thought patterns. The idea behind CBT is that symptoms of depression are caused by a person’s distorted...
- Feeling That You Are Upper Class May Lead to Bad Behavior
According to a new study conducted by researchers from University of California, Berkeley, and the University of Toronto, people who consider themselves upper class are more likely to have unethical behavior. The study results published in the, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, show...
- What are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?
Asperger’s syndrome is a developmental disorder that affects a person’s ability to communicate, interact, and socialize with others. This is a type of autism spectrum disorder, and many of the symptoms of this disorder are similar to symptoms found in autism. Generally, Asperger's is not as...
- Micah Johnson- Dallas Cop-Killer Did He Suffer From PTSD
Micah Xavier Johnson, 25 years old from Mesquite, Texas, seemed to be one of America's heroes...an army veteran. With no known ties to terror, no criminal past, and a record as an upstanding member of the U.S. military with a completed tour to Afghanistan, how could it be that this...
- What Is Narcissism? Signs and Symptoms of Narcissism
What is narcissism?Narcissism in today’s world has become a more complex term. In 2009, there was a study done where it estimated that 6 percent of people in the US are suffering from a full-blown narcissistic personality disorder (NPD).Narcissism is a personality disorder, wherein people tend to...
- Dr. Sandy Andrews PH.D.1823 Fortview Rd. Austin TX 78704
- Dr. Nancy L Nussbaum PH.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Brian Louis Vasquez PH.D.1102 W 6th Street Austin TX 78703
- Dr. Allison Myers-fabian PHD1 Ford Pl # 1e Detroit MI 48202
- Dr. Erikalin Nichole Ashton PSY.D.3724 Jefferson Street Austin TX 78731
- Dr. William Anson Dailey PH.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705