Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.
Psychologist12600 Hill Country Blvd Suite R-275 Bee Cave TX, 78738
Dr. Justin Hill is a psychologist practicing in Bee Cave, TX. Dr. Hill uses empirically supported treatments, including acceptance- and cognitive-based interventions, to maximize therapeutic results. He works with individuals as well as couples, and treats a variety of presentations including anxiety, depression, relationship issues, grief, PTSD, and life transitions.
Education and Training
Suffolk University Ph.D. Clinical Psychology 2008
Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.'s Expert Contributions
Early on in intimate relationships, it is common for partners to overlook each other’s “flaws” or “shortcomings.” We may do it because we are partially blinded by our new love for the other. We may also do it because it makes us feel good to accept the other as a whole – the pleasant and...
Anxiety is a very natural emotion that all humans experience. A certain amount of anxiety can be healthy and very helpful for us. Anxiety can be a powerful motivator for us to work just a bit harder at our craft, whether it’s preparing for a big presentation at work, practicing more free throws...
A couple of years ago, I was driving on a busy road in the Boston area when a car pulled out right in front of me from a shopping complex parking lot, forcing me to slow down immediately so I didn’t hit him. Naturally, I was initially angered, frustrated and stunned by this sudden event. About a...
If you take a moment and check in with yourself, see if it isn’t true that, on some level, it feels as if your life is on hold in some way. When doing this, our minds will likely jump in and remind us that we have been living for quite a while, but see if you can move past that and get to...
The following is one of my favorite parables because it applies to so many aspects of life. It goes something like this: Two monks were walking silently on a path in the woods when they came across a woman on the bank of a stream, thinking about how to get across. With her permission, the elder...
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Director, General Mental Health Clinic VA Boston Healthcare System 2013 - 2017
- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry Boston Univeristy School of Medicine 2012 - 2017
- Nga B. Pham Award 2017 VA Boston Healthcare Psychology Dept.
- Special Contribution Award 2013 VA Boston Healthcare Psychology Dept.
- Golden Heart Award 2011 VA Boston Healthcare Psychology Dept.
- Certificate of Merit - Psychologists in Public Service Award 2005 Division 18 of American Psychological Association
- Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (ABCT)
- American Psychological Association
- Captial Area Psychological Association (CAPA)
Professional Society Memberships
- American Psychological Association, Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies, Capital Area Psychological Association
What do you attribute your success to?
- True love of critical work and family support.
Hobbies / Sports
- Marathon Runner, Avid Soccer Fan, Plays Acoustic Guitar
Dr. Justin Hill PH.D.'s Practice location
Jamaica Plain, MA 02130Get Direction
- How to Handle the Most Challenging Autism Behaviors
There will be difficult moments while raising a child with autism that a parent will find hard to deal with. However, there are certain situations that can be resolved with patience and knowledge of autism and how it can affect someone. By understanding what the child is feeling when they are...
- The Shakespeare Workshop for Kids with Autism
The Shakespeare and Autism project is a collaborative project between the Ohio State University Department of Theatre and the Nisonger Center, a part of Wexner Medical Center. It is made possible through funding by the Office of Outreach and Engagement Impact Grant program, which is an Ohio State...
- What is an Eating Disorder?
Eating disorders are mental disorders that affect an individual's eating pattern, habits, and diet. The most common types of eating disorders are bulimia, anorexia, and binge-eating disorder, all of which affect the diet habits of a person considerably. These conditions are often characterized by...
- Have You Heard About the Various Types of Depression?
Depression is a state of mind wherein people feel sad, anxious, and upset all the time. It is a mental condition that affects the way a person thinks, feels, and behaves. Depression happens when people's thoughts turn completely negative and they later become distant avoiding any form of social...
- Autism: There's Nothing Getting in the Way of Their Careers
According to research, it has been very difficult for many with autism spectrum disorder to attain and retain a job; however, a new generation has decided they refuse to let anything get in their way.Jonathan YoungJonathan Young is one of these inspirational young professionals who is not letting...
- Mothers With Depression can Affect Their Children's Sleeping Patterns
A study published in the journal, Child Development, suggests that mothers who show signs of depression, or mothers who are depressed, are more likely to disrupt sleeping routine of their baby. In this study, researchers monitored mothers throughout the night, while they tended to their children....
- Elizabeth Handy14425 Falcon Head Blvd, Building E, Suite 216 Austin TX 78738
- Dr. Brian Louis Vasquez PH.D.801 RR 620 SOUTH LAKEWAY TX 78734
- Dr. Sandy Andrews PH.D.1823 Fortview Rd. Austin TX 78704
- Natalie Scanlon7700 Cat Hollow Drive Ste 206 Round Rock TX 78681
- Dr. William Anson Dailey PH.D.711 W 38th St Austin TX 78705
- Dr. Erikalin Nichole Ashton PSY.D.3724 Jefferson Street Austin TX 78731