Dr. Barbara J Pettitt M.D. is a top Doctor in Atlanta, GA. With a passion for the field and an unwavering commitment to their specialty, Dr. Barbara J Pettitt M.D. is an expert in changing the lives of their patients for the better. Through their designated cause and expertise in the field, Dr. Barbara J Pettitt M.D. is a prime example of a true leader in health care. As a leader and expert in their field, Dr. Barbara J Pettitt M.D. is passionate about enhancing patient quality of life. They embody the values of communication, safety, and trust when dealing directly with patients. In Atlanta, GA, Dr. Barbara J Pettitt M.D. is a true asset to their field and dedicated to the profession of medicine.
Education and Training
Northwestern Uniiversity 1976
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- A prospective study for the detection of vascular injury in adult and pediatric patients with cervicothoracic seat belt signs.
- Use of a modified Denver peritoneovenous shunt in a newborn with intractable ascites.
- Medical student concerns and fears before their third-year surgical clerkship.
- International surgical clerkship rotation: perceptions and academic performance.
- Scaling up short-term humanitarian surgery: a global surgery elective for senior medical students.
- Do medical students in the operating room affect patient care? An analysis of one institution's experience over the past five years.
- Does the amount of time medical students spend in the operating room during the general surgery core clerkship affect their career decision?
- Medical students impact laparoscopic surgery case time.
- Management of Hirschsprung's disease in adolescents.
- The length-time correlate in appendicitis.
- Validation of surgeon-performed emergency abdominal ultrasonography in pediatric trauma patients.
- Children'S Hsp-Pittsburgh, Pediatric Surgery-Surgery; L A Co-Usc Med Ctr, General Surgery
Dr. Barbara J Pettitt M.D.'s Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30303Get Direction
ATLANTA, GA 30322Get Direction
Dr. Barbara J Pettitt M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Parkinson’s: How Three Famous Individuals Fought the Disease
Parkinson's is a degenerative central nervous system disorder that affects an estimated 1 million people in the U. S. alone according to the National Parkinson Foundation. Despite recent efforts, the disease remains to be a mystery to the medical world with no known cure and no known accurate...
- Remaining Positive After a Muscular Dystrophy Diagnosis
After the onset of muscular dystrophy, you might profoundly feel depressed. Yet, as time goes by, people adjust to their new situation and re-evaluate their attitude towards their condition. In some cases, people may even be driven to greater achievements after learning their diagnosis. To begin...
- What Is Extrinsic Motivation?
IntroductionExtrinsic motivation is defined as a reward-driven behavior and is considered as a type of operant conditioning, which is a form of behavior modification that would make use of rewards and punishments. When we talk about extrinsic motivation, it involves the use of rewards or other...
- What Is Pyrexia: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction Pyrexia is the medical term for fever, in which the human body temperature rises above the average normal (37 degrees Celsius or 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit). Pyrexia is one of the most common symptoms of numerous medical conditions.There are multiple factors can affect the normal body...
- Anemia Symptoms
What is anemia?Anemia occurs when there are low levels of red blood cells (RBCs) in the body. Red blood cells are the ones that carry oxygen all over the body. So when a person's RBC count is lower than normal, it means that there is not enough oxygen in the blood, causing symptoms of anemia, such...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Dr. Norleena Poynter Gullett MD69 Jesse Hill Jr Dr SE Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Jameela Lenora Harper MD69 Jesse Hill Jr Dr SE Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Michael Ross Frankel M.D.80 Jesse Hill Jr Dr Se # 036 Atlanta GA 30303
- Nanette Kass Wenger M.D.49 Jesse Hill Jr Dr Se Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Wissam S Jaber MD69 Jesse Hill Jr Dr Se Atlanta GA 30303
- Dr. Oswaldo Andres Henriquez M.D.80 JESSE HILL JR DR SE ATLANTA GA 30303