Dr. Michael Handler is a Neuropsychiatrist practicing in Leawood, KS. Dr. Handler studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats mental disorders attributable to diseases of the nervous system. Neuropsychiatrists are trained to treat disorders occurring in patients due to irritability, attention deficit disorder, epilepsy, and many other conditions.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1980
Tufts University School of Medicine 1980
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Forensic Pathology
- Legal review: AIDS patient records--legal issues of access and disclosure.
- The impact of fraud and abuse regulations.
- Practitioner-provider joint ventures, the OIG, and the IRS.
- Streaming hypointensity in hemorrhagic glioblastoma multiforme. An illustrative case.
- Magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography of an intraventricular craniopharyngioma.
- Intramedullary melanotic schwannoma of the cervicomedullary junction.
- Acute quadriplegic myopathy.
- Frontal lobe dementia due to a meningioma.
- Neurosarcoidosis with unusual MRI findings.
- Central nervous system Mycobacterium avium complex infection.
- MR of spinal cord ganglioglioma.
- Detection of pro-opiomelanocortin mRNA in human and rat caudal medulla by RT-PCR.
- Univ Of Nm Sch Of Med, Forensic Pathology; Mt Sinai Med Ctr, Neuropathology; Ny & Presby Hp-Columbia Campus, Neuropathology; Michael Reese Hosp Med Ctr, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology; Sinai Samaritan Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- University of New Mexico Program
Dr. Michael Scott Handler MD's Practice location
Leawood, KS 66209Get Direction
Dr. Michael Scott Handler MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Can Microchips Administer Medication?
A new idea of having an implantable microchip to deliver drugs on medication may replace daily injections and improve patient compliance in treatments. The new programmable device, discovered by researchers at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), was tested on humans and the results...
- What to Expect While Undergoing Laser Hair Removal?
When it comes to keeping your skin smooth and hairless, laser hair removal might not be the first solution that comes to mind. It is known that laser hair removal requires more planning than simply shaving or using depilatories. However, maybe you have reached that point in your life where you are...
- Does Diabetes Cause Gastroparesis?
Diabetes is a chronic metabolic disease that can affect just about any organ. It damages small and large blood vessels, nerves, and changes the functioning of various organs, including those in the gastrointestinal tract.Diabetes adversely affects the functioning of the complete digestive tract,...
- Tips On Living With Epilepsy
Get to Know Your EpilepsyEpilepsy can affect people at any point in their life. There’s no specific race or gender that have a higher incidence rate of epilepsy. Until now, there was no single cause of epilepsy. The causes of epilepsy range from head injuries to birth defects to tumors and...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...