Dr. Michael Scott Handler MD
Neuropathologist | Neuropathology12408 Russell St Leawood KS, 66209
Dr. Michael Handler is a Neuropsychiatrist practicing in Leawood, KS. Dr. Handler studies, evaluates, diagnoses, and treats mental disorders attributable to diseases of the nervous system. Neuropsychiatrists are trained to treat disorders occurring in patients due to irritability, attention deficit disorder, epilepsy, and many other conditions.
Education and Training
Tufts Univ Sch of Med, Boston Ma 1980
Tufts University School of Medicine 1980
PathologyAmerican Board of PathologyABP- Forensic Pathology
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Legal review: AIDS patient records--legal issues of access and disclosure.
- The impact of fraud and abuse regulations.
- Practitioner-provider joint ventures, the OIG, and the IRS.
- Streaming hypointensity in hemorrhagic glioblastoma multiforme. An illustrative case.
- Magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography of an intraventricular craniopharyngioma.
- Intramedullary melanotic schwannoma of the cervicomedullary junction.
- Acute quadriplegic myopathy.
- Frontal lobe dementia due to a meningioma.
- Neurosarcoidosis with unusual MRI findings.
- Central nervous system Mycobacterium avium complex infection.
- MR of spinal cord ganglioglioma.
- Detection of pro-opiomelanocortin mRNA in human and rat caudal medulla by RT-PCR.
Dr. Michael Scott Handler MD's Practice location
Leawood, KS 66209Get Direction
- Ankle ulcers: Causes, symptoms, diagnosis and Treatment
Ankle ulcers are slow healing, open wounds found in the ankle. It is sometimes a painful condition that results in the breakdown of skin tissue. It is more likely to occur among smokers than non-smokers. This article will tell you all about ankle ulcers, including its causes, symptoms, diagnosis,...
- What Causes a UTI?
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are just like any other infections around the body, except these are localized in the urinary tract. The urinary tract can be divided into:...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- Tips On Living With Epilepsy
Get to Know Your EpilepsyEpilepsy can affect people at any point in their life. There’s no specific race or gender that have a higher incidence rate of epilepsy. Until now, there was no single cause of epilepsy. The causes of epilepsy range from head injuries to birth defects to tumors and...
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- What is a Transient Ischemic Attack?
Also considered as a mini stroke, a transient ischemic attack (TIA) has symptoms similar to that of a stroke, but lasting only for a short period of time, without causing any permanent damage. TIA is often caused by the interruption of blood flow to the brain by a blood clot. Once the blood flow is...