Dr. George Kay is a Cardiac Electrophysicist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Kay performs testing procedures on patients hearts electrical system in order to assess timing and abnormalities associated with electrical activities of the heart. Adult Cardiac Electrophysiologists are trained to treat irregular heartbeats, and carry out electrophysiology studies or ablations.
Education and Training
Univ of Mi Med Sch, Ann Arbor Mi 1979
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- A new system for catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation.
- Inducibility of sustained ventricular tachycardia in a closed-chest ovine model of myocardial infarction.
- Nonpharmacologic validation of the intrinsic heart rate in cardiac transplant recipients.
- High-resolution mapping and histologic examination of long radiofrequency lesions in canine atria.
- Finding our way through the maze.
- Programming of sensor driven pacemakers.
- Pathological effects of extensive radiofrequency energy applications in the pulmonary veins in dogs.
- Catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation: challenges and promise.
- Electrode impedance: an indicator of electrode-tissue contact and lesion dimensions during linear ablation.
- Reduction of pacing output coupling capacitance for sensing the evoked response.
- Clinical validation of new pacing-sensing configurations for atrial automatic capture verification in pacemakers.
- Comparison of the temperature profile and pathological effect at unipolar, bipolar and phased radiofrequency current configurations.
- Quantitation of chronotropic response: comparison of methods for rate-modulating permanent pacemakers.
- Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. A quantitative morphometric analysis of surgical anatomy.
- Intermediate septal accessory pathways: electrocardiographic characteristics,
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Univ Of Al Hosp, Internal Medicine
George N Kay MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35233Get Direction
George N Kay MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Heart Palpitations: What Is It and What Are the Causes?
Our heart rate is automatically controlled by the autonomic nervous system (ANS) that has two divisions: sympathetic and parasympathetic. The part of the ANS that is responsible for raising a person’s heart rate through the sympathetic plexus is the sympathetic division. The parasympathetic...
- Reasons Why You Would Need an Ablation
What is catheter ablation?This is a surgical procedure that is used to correct heart irregularities. It involves the use of radio frequency energy to get rid of the heart tissues that cause irregular and rapid heartbeats. It can also be referred to as radio frequency ablation, and it has proved to...
- Heart Palpitations: When Is It a Sign of Something Serious?
Heart palpitations, although it feels like a scary experience, are not always a sign of something serious. These palpitations are harmless but there are some instances when it could be a signal to a serious heart disease, especially if it is associated with other symptoms. This article explains...
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- Who Should You Call If You Have Congestive Heart Failure?
Heart failure should be treated early. With the right treatment, your life expectancy can be increased. Patients observing any of the symptoms related to congestive heart failure should never wait for the regular appointment dates. Instead, they should consult your doctor in no time to avoid further...
- Complications of Myocardial Infarction
Complications can be divided according to different factors:...
- Macy C Smith M.D.3980 Colonnade Pkwy Birmingham AL 35243
- John Jennings MD619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Michael Scott Bailey M.D.100 Pilot Medical Dr Birmingham AL 35235
- Paul J Troup MD3980 COLONNADE PKWY BIRMINGHAM AL 35243
- Takumi Yamada M.D.619 19th St S Birmingham AL 35249
- Dr. Vance J Plumb MD619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35233