Dr. Kevin J Peifer M.D.
Gastroenterologist | Gastroenterology401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL, 61107
Dr. Kevin Peifer is a gastroenterologist practicing in Rockford, IL. Dr. Peifer specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. Peifer performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Education and Training
The University of Toledo College of Medicine 1999
- Bile Duct Procedure
- ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
- Gastroenterology Procedures
- Liver Biopsy
- Endoscopic Ultrasound
- Ambulatory pH Monitoring (Bravo© pH)
- Argon Plasma Coagulation (APC)
- Fecal Microbiota Transplant (FMT) for Chronic C. Difficile Infection
- PEG Tube Placement (Endoscopic Feeding Tube)
- Video Capsule Endoscopy (VCE) of the Small Intestine
- Washington U/B-Jh/Slch Conc, Gastroenterology Washington U/B-Jh/Slch Conc, Internal Medicine
Dr. Kevin J Peifer M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Kevin J Peifer M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Peifer
- How Can I Manage Heartburn?
The burning sensation that heartburn causes can be more than just an inconvenience once in a while. It can keep you awake during the night, and affect your day-to-day activities. Heartburn relief relies on an individual's understanding to avoid the basic triggers for heartburn in his or her diet....
- Elisabeth Hasselbeck Raises Awareness of Celiac Disease
For some, the first time they heard much about the term "Gluten-free" was from Elisabeth Hasselbeck, who was formerly on The View. She also was a hardcore player on the show Survivor, inspiring many across the nation. Some didn't understand what celiac disease really was when she spoke about it, but...
- Probiotics Linked to Ulcerative Colitis Remission
Probiotics, or so called “good bacteria”, are tiny organisms introduced into the body for health benefits. They are found in certain foods, such as yogurt, and they also come in supplements, available in the form of tablets and capsules. Probiotics help with digestion and offer protection...
- What Is Cytomegalovirus?
What is cytomegalovirus?Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a member of the herpes virus family. Others viruses that belong to the same family are:...
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs for Crohn's
Pain management can be considered a treatment plan that the patient and doctor can design together. The effective way of controlling pain can be through taking the drugs for Crohn’s disease as per the doctor’s prescription. The treatment plan may involve various medicines to reduce the pain...
- 230 Pill
IntroductionConstipation is a common concern in today’s changing lifestyle. It mainly occurs due to poor eating habits, not drinking enough of water, and not emptying your bowels whenever there is a need to do so. Lack of proper exercise or any kind of movement, pregnancy, and the use of certain...
- Dr. Chandrashekhar Thukral M.D.330 Brookline Ave Boston MA 02215
- Dr. Michael J Manley M.D.401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. Christopher M Gibbs MD401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. John F. Johanson MD1905 E, Huebbe Parkway Beloit WI 53511
- Dr. Steven O Ikenberry M.D.401 Roxbury Rd Rockford IL 61107
- Dr. Clinton T Snedegar M.D.340 Thomas More Pkwy Ft Mitchell KY 41017