Dr. Renato Ramirez is a colon and rectal surgeon practicing in Chesapeake, VA. Dr. Ramirez specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the colon, rectum and anus. As a colon and rectal surgeon, Dr. Ramirez often treats conditions like rectal cancer, colon cancer, hemorrhoids, anal fissures and diverticulitis. Colon and rectal surgeons may be referred to you by your gastroenterologist if your doctor believes you need a surgical procedure.
Education and Training
Univ Of The Philippines- Coll Of Med- Manila- Philippines 1960
University of the Philippines Manila College of Medicine 1960
Colon & Rectal SurgeryAmerican Board of Colon & Rectal SurgeryABCRS
- Mayo Grad Sch Med/Mayo Fndn, Colon And Rectal Surgery; St Peter'S Hosp, General Surgery; St Peter'S Hosp, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Renato F Ramirez M.D.'s Practice location
Chesapeake, VA 23321Get Direction
Dr. Renato F Ramirez M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Recovering From Anal Fissure Surgery
An anal fissure is normally the result of the overstretching of the anal mucosa or moist tissue. It can overstretch due to a number of reasons such as passing extra-large and/or hard stools, constipation, low blood flow to the area, excessive diarrhea, dietary choices, and childbirth among others....
- What Is An Anal Fissurectomy?
An anal fissurectomy is a surgery that may be used for curing anal fissures. The procedure involves an incision in the sphincter muscles which control one's anal opening. It is normally the recommended surgery for treating tears or cracks that develop inside the distal canal (passageway) where waste...
- What Is a Proctologist?
Proctology, also known as colorectal surgery, is a field in medicine that focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases or disorders of the colon, rectum, and anus. The one who specializes in proctology is called a proctologist or a colorectal surgeon. What is a proctologist?A proctologist is...
- What Are the Most Obvious Symptoms of Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is a condition that causes the inflammation of the appendix. The appendix is a tube around 3½ inch long and extends from the large intestine. It is said that the appendix has a role in gut immunity, but nothing as yet is definite with regard to its function. An individual can live...
- What Is an Anal Fissure?
What is an anal fissure?The anal canal is a short tube surrounded by muscle at the end of the rectum. An anal fissure is a small crack, tear, or rip in the anal canal lining. Anal fissure is often very small, but can cause you severe pain. The pain gets worse after passing stool and normally last...
- Anal Fissures: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, Treatment, and Risks
An anal fissure is a the tear or ulcer in the anal canal’s lining. The anal canal forms the end of the large bowel and lies between the rectum and the anus.Symptoms of Anal FissureThe following are the most prominent symptoms of anal fissures:...
- Dr. Liam R Smith MD358 Mowbray Arch Norfolk VA 23507
- Dr. Joseph Lawrence Frenkel M.D.100 E Lancaster Ave Wynnewood PA 19096
- Dr. Gregory P Fitzharris M.D.4000 Coliseum Dr Hampton VA 23666
- Dr. Paul Albert Lucha DO620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth VA 23708
- Dr. Ray Thomas Ramirez M.D.5838 Harbour View Blvd Suffolk VA 23435
- Dr. Beth Rachelle Jaklic M.D.113 Gainsborough Sq Chesapeake VA 23320