Dr. Damian Krysan is a pediatric infectious disease specialist practicing in Rochester, NY. Dr. Krysan specializes in recurring or persistent diseases caused by bacteria, parasites or fungus in infants, children and adolescents. Pediatric infectious disease specialists also provide consultation to other health care professionals dealing with complex cases.
Education and Training
University of Michigan Medical School 2000
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Quantitative characterization of furin specificity. Energetics of substrate discrimination using an internally consistent set of hexapeptidyl methylcoumarinamides.
- Synthesis of peptidyl methylcoumarin esters as substrates and active-site titrants for the prohormone processing proteases Kex2 and PC2.
- Renal transplantation after Streptococcus pneumoniae-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome.
- Reevaluating the efficacy of naturopathic ear drops.
- Precursor processing by kex2/furin proteases.
- Plasticity of extended subsites facilitates divergent substrate recognition by Kex2 and furin.
- Effectiveness over time of varicella vaccine.
- Yapsins are a family of aspartyl proteases required for cell wall integrity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
- Unconventional genomic architecture in the budding yeast saccharomyces cerevisiae masks the nested antisense gene NAG1.
- Cleavage of the signaling mucin Msb2 by the aspartyl protease Yps1 is required for MAPK activation in yeast.
- A high-throughput screening assay for small molecules that disrupt yeast cell integrity.
- The unfolded protein response is induced by the cell wall integrity
- Live Candida albicans suppresses production of reactive oxygen species in
- Antifungal activity of tamoxifen: in vitro and in vivo activities and mechanistic characterization.
- The cell wall and endoplasmic reticulum stress responses are coordinately regulated in Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
Dr. Damian J Krysan MD's Practice location
Rochester, NY 14642Get Direction
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Dr. Damian J Krysan MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Does My Child have Whooping Cough?
What is pertussis?Pertussis, or whooping cough, is a highly contagious airborne disease of the respiratory system and can occur in children, adolescents, and adults of any age, unless they are vaccinated. The frequency of the occurrence in the U.S. are very promising, as annually there are 5,000 to...
- Home Remedies for Chickenpox
What can relieve the itching sensation if my child has chickenpox?...
- How is Cholera Diagnosed?
How is Cholera Diagnosed?Cholera is an acute bacteria disease caused by a bacterium called Vibrio cholerae. Infection with the cholera bacteria can lead to severe vomiting and diarrhea and finally electrolyte loss or dehydration. If not treated, cholera can, in many cases, result in death.In order...
- What Should I Do If My Baby Has Mumps?
What is mumps?Mumps is a highly contagious viral infection. The virus invades the parotid glands of the individual causing pain and inflammation of these glands. It is characterized by a “hamster-like” swelling of the patient’s face. The initial symptoms may take up to two weeks to manifest....
- Are there any alternative methods of immunization for my child apart from the vaccinations?
Center for Disease control (CDC) and Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (APIC) have 14 vaccinations before the age of 2 years. This makes some parents concerned as it might overwhelm the immune system of their child. There are two options that parents can opt for• Selective vaccine...
- Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?
Can You Contract Cholera Through Other Means Besides Water?Cholera is an infection that causes thousands of deaths around the world every year. The biggest challenge posed by cholera is that it is difficult to control and treat at the same time. The infection spreads very fast affecting a huge...
- Dr. Julianne V Green MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Mary T Caserta MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Cynthia Christy M.D.1425 Portland Ave Rochester NY 14621
- Dr. Melanie A Wellington MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Francis Gigliotti MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642
- Dr. Geoffrey A Weinberg MD601 Elmwood Ave Rochester NY 14642