Dr. Michael Ricci is a vascular surgeon practicing in Lewiston, ME. Dr. Ricci specializes in disorders relating to the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems. As a vascular surgeon, Dr. Ricci diagnoses and treats vascular diseases and performs vasular surgeries. Common conditions that a vascular surgeon treats are aneurysms, atherosclerosis and varicose veins. Vascular specialists might also treat trauma, venous ulcers, poor leg circulation, peripheral arterial disease and other vascular-related issues.
Education and Training
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1982
- Documentation of competency: Maintaining an outcomes database.
- A new in vitro model of venous hypertension: the effect of pressure on dermal fibroblasts.
- Medical student evaluations of lectures attended in person or from rural sites via interactive videoconferencing.
- Relation of augmented platelet reactivity to the magnitude of distribution of atherosclerosis.
- Pressure-induced cellular senescence: a mechanism linking venous hypertension to venous ulcers.
- The use of telemedicine for delivering continuing medical education in rural communities.
- Pressure elevation slows the fibroblast response to wound healing.
- Toward optimal recording of surgical complications: concurrent tracking compared to the discharge data set.
- Effectiveness of lectures attended via interactive video conferencing versus in-person in preparing third-year internal medicine clerkship students for Clinical Practice Examinations (CPX).
- Use of the rectus abdominis muscle flap to fill a retroperitoneal defect following blast injury.
- Benefits of a telepsychiatry consultation service for rural nursing home residents.
- Expert visual guidance of ultrasound for telemedicine.
- Compartment syndrome in the setting of vascular injury.
- Telemedicine to a moving ambulance improves outcome after trauma in simulated patients.
- Evaluation of simulation-based training model on vascular anastomotic skills for
- Varicose Veins
- Venous Insufficiency
- Cerebrovascular Disease
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (aaa)
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Peripheral Artery Disease (pad)
- Vascular Disease
- Robert Packer Hospital/Guthrie Program
Dr. Michael Anthony Ricci, MD's Practice location
Lewiston, ME 04240Get Direction
Poland, ME 04274Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael Anthony Ricci, MD | Surgeon | Vascular Surgery
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael Anthony Ricci, MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ricci
- Different Types of Aneurysms
What is an aneurysm?An aneurysm is the abnormal ballooning, widening, or bulging of a part of the artery usually caused by arterial wall weakness. When an aneurysm enlarges and ruptures, disastrous consequences, such as internal bleeding, usually happen.Aneurysms are usually found in the aorta (the...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
- Decubitus Ulcers or Pressure Ulcers: What Are They?
Decubitus ulcers or pressure ulcers, more commonly known as bedsores, are open wounds on your skin due to the prolonged pressure applied to the area. These ulcers occur mostly over the bony prominences such as the hips, tailbone, ankle, and heels. Bedsores are a frequent condition experienced by...
- How is Deep Vein Thrombosis Treated?
The formation of blood clots in one of the deep veins in the leg may not be entirely serious alone. However, if the clot breaks off and moves towards the heart and other organs, it may lead to complications. Blood clots in the leg may cause leg pain but may also not cause any symptoms at all....
- Different Types of Heart Doctors Explained
IntroductionDoctors who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions or diseases of the cardiovascular system (the heart and blood vessels) are called heart doctors or cardiologists. These specialists are trained to identify, treat, and help prevent heart issues. There are also different...
- The Causes of Varicose Veins
Also referred to as varicosities, varicose veins develop when the veins expand or become engorged and overcrowded with blood. Having a red or blue-purplish appearance, varicose veins can be very painful. They are commonly seen as engorged or elevated.The condition mostly affects women; however, half...