Dr. Kerri Sassano is a speech language pathologist practicing in ALTOONA, PA. Dr. Sassano specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Sassano evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Sassano helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Kerri Lynne Sassano MS, CCC-SLP/L's Practice location
ALTOONA, PA 16602Get Direction
Mrs. Kerri Lynne Sassano MS, CCC-SLP/L's reviewsWrite Review
- Late Talkers May Not Have Issues When They Become Teenagers
Children who are Late Talkers may have problems with behavior and emotional development as toddlers, but this may not persist into their teenage years, according to a study published in the journal, Pediatrics. In this study, the researchers followed 2,800 children from birth up until they were...
- Treatment of Multiple Sclerosis
The following are some of the treatments of MS that focus on slowing the progression of the disease, speeding recovery from attacks, and managing symptoms.Treatments for MS Attacks...
- What Is Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy? Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Muscular dystrophies are a group of diseases that make the muscles of the body weaker over a period of time. The muscles become less flexible in this condition. Out of the nine types of muscular dystrophy, Duchenne muscular dystrophy is one of the most common.The main characteristics of this medical...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Stephanie Sullivan M.S. CCC-SLP501 VALLEY VIEW BLVD ALTOONA PA 16602
- Ms. Laura Crawford M.S.CCC-SLP501 VALLEY VIEW BLVD ALTOONA PA 16602
- Carrie Long1229 WARM SPRINGS AVE HUNTINGDON PA 16652
- Jami Kukla M.S., CCC-SLP/L951 WASHINGTON AVE TYRONE PA 16686
- Christina L Weaver SLP501 VALLEY VIEW BLVD ALTOONA PA 16602
- Miss Rebecca S Updike MS CCC-SLP501 VALLEY VIEW BLVD ALTOONA PA 16602