Dr. Rafael Vicente Pieretti MD
Urologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Urology55 Fruit Street Wrn 11 Boston MA, 02114
Dr. Rafael Pieretti practices Pediatric Urology in Boston, MA. Pediatric urologists treat young patients who suffer from an illness or disease of the genitals or urinary tract, including the kidneys, ureters, bladder. As a pediatric urologist, Dr. Pieretti is a surgeon who diagnoses, treats, and manages voiding disorders, vesicoureteral reflux, and urinary tract infections that require surgery. Some procedures that Dr. Pieretti performs include surgical reconstruction of the urinary tract, hypospadias, and disorders of sex development; surgery for groin conditions in childhood; evaluation and surgical management of kidney stone disease; and surgical management of tumors and malignancies of the kidney, bladder, and testis.
Education and Training
Universidad Central De Venezuela - Jose Maria Vargas MD
Universidad Central de Venezuela Escuela de Medicina Luis Razetti 1965
- Congenital bladder diverticula in children.
- Circumcised hypospadias.
- Renal abscess in previously healthy girl.
- Megacalycosis: a rare condition.
- The transpuboperineal approach for repair of traumatic strictures of the posterior urethra in children.
- Nissen-type colonic bladder wall ureteral wraparound for reimplantation in a complex reconstructive case.
- In support of early surgical repair of ureteropelvic junction obstruction.
- High-strength Neodymium Magnetic Beads: A Rare Foreign Body in the Bladder of an Adolescent.
- Bladder Hamartoma in a Fetus: Case Report.
- Combined abdominal and posterior sagittal transrectal approach for the repair of rectourinary fistula resulting from a shotgun wound.
- The mild end of the clinical spectrum of posterior urethral valves.
- Birth Defects
- The Hospital for Sick Children
Dr. Rafael Vicente Pieretti MD's Practice location
Boston, MA 02114Get Direction
Dr. Rafael Vicente Pieretti MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Pieretti
- How to Prepare for Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy refers to a surgical procedure done for the purpose of repairing or removing a hydrocele, a buildup of watery fluid around one or both testicles. This sac swells as fluid accumulates, causing discomfort but usually no pain. Since hydrocelectomy involves a sensitive part of the...
- Understanding Hernia and Hernia Surgery
Feeling pain and swelling in the groin region can be a very unpleasant experience, especially when the pain gets worse when you cough or lift heavy objects. Experiencing these symptoms might signify the presence of groin hernia. A groin hernia is usually referred to in medical terms as an inguinal...
- What Is an Orchiopexy Surgery?
Orchiopexy is a surgical procedure that corrects the position of undescended testicles inside the scrotum. Orchiopexy is performed to male children to correct cryptorchidism, a medical term used for any undescended testicles. Orchiopexy can also be performed to male adults or adolescents, which may...
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What Is The Point of a Circumcision?
What Is The Point of a Circumcision?Circumcision is one of the oldest social and cultural practices of man. Its origin is not known, but centuries of the removal of the foreskin has been practiced by many communities. Different communities hold various beliefs concerning circumcision.Some consider...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...