Dr. Michael Traylor is a cardiologist practicing in El Paso, TX. Dr. Traylor specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Traylor also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch of Med, Lubbock Tx 1975
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center School of Medicine 1975
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Coronary Artery Disease (cad)
- Vascular Disease
- Letterman Army Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Wm Beaumont Army Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr, Family Medicine
- LECOMT/United Memorial Medical Center Program
Dr. Michael Thomas Traylor MD's Practice location
El Paso, TX 79902Get Direction
Dr. Michael Thomas Traylor MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What You Need to Know About Coronary Heart Disease (CHD)
What is CHD?Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the disease that develops when there is an insufficient oxygen supply to the heart muscle by the coronary arteries. The most common reason for this is atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries with cholesterol plaques formation and narrowing of the arterial...
- What Causes Secondary Hypertension?
Secondary hypertension refers to high blood pressure that is caused by other diseases. This is a less common form of hypertension when compared to ‘essential’ or ‘primary’ hypertension. A number of conditions that affect heart, kidneys or endocrine system may result in secondary...
- These Conditions Can Cause Dyspnea
OverviewDyspnea is the clinical term for shortness of breath or breathlessness experienced by both healthy individuals and patients with respiratory or cardiovascular diseases. It can also be a temporary condition that quickly resolves on its own or a symptom of a more serious health condition. A...
- Congestive Cardiac Failure: What is Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT)?
Do you want to know what Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) is? Do you know exactly how your heart functions? It works in a rhythm. It beats 60 to 100 times per minute, and when it beats, it pumps oxygenated blood to your whole body. When the heart relaxes immediately after each beat, impure...
- What is the DASH diet?
DASH, or Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, is a flexible eating plan developed by experts to lower blood pressure. Although the diet was developed for people with hypertension, it was found to be effective in losing weight, and also in reducing diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and other health...
- Pain that Requires Prompt Medical Attention
The following are a list of different painful experiences that one must seek medical attention for:Severe headache“If headache is accompanied by a cold, it could be sinus headache”, says Sandra Fryhofer, MD, MACP, spokeswoman for the American College of Physicians. If the headache is severe and...
- Dr. Frank W. Meissner M.D.935 Sunland Park Dr El Paso Texas 79922
- Stanley Charles Wagner5001 N Piedras Street El Paso Texas 79930
- Mr. Edward Ralph Assi D.O.1700 Cliff, El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Omosalewa O. Lalude M.D.4801 Alberta Ave El Paso TX 79905
- Dr. Michael Edward Gutierrez MD4301 N Mesa St El Paso TX 79902
- Dr. Oscar C Munoz MD11551 Cedar Oak Dr El Paso TX 79936