Dr. Lois O'brien is an anesthesiologist practicing in Santa Monica, CA. Dr. O'brien ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. O'brien also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Univ of Toronto, Fac of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada 1968
AnesthesiologyAmerican Board of AnesthesiologyABA- Hospice and Palliative Medicine
- Stanford Univ Hosp, Anesthesiology; Waltham Weston Hosp M C, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- Multiplan PHCS
Ms. Lois M. O'brien M.D.'s Practice location
Santa Monica, CA 90404 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Ms. Lois M. O'brien M.D. | Anesthesiologist | Pain Medicine
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Ms. Lois M. O'brien M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. O'brien
- Hospital-Acquired Infections Increases Mortality Rate in the ICU
According to the latest study presented at the 22nd European Congress of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases, elderly patients treated with central catheter and/or mechanical ventilation devices in intensive care units are at a very high risk for getting hospital-acquired infections...
- Why Nurses Are More at Risk of Suicide
Lately, the suicide rate has been increasing. In fact, a study has listed suicide as one of the leading causes of death in England in adults who are under 50. And, this study has also found that nurses are more likely to commit suicide than others, especially if they are female. ...
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Vimal S. Lala D.O. 7230 Medical Center Dr West Hills CA 91307
- Dr. Artis Woodward MD 408 South Beach Boulevard Anaheim California 92804
- Dr. Karen Baghdasaryn DDS 6300 San Fernando Rd Glendale CA 91201
- Dr. David Wu M.D. 1408 Crenshaw Blvd Torrance CA 90501
- Dr. Lisa Diane Vidato MD Santa Monica California
- Sylvia Ashour Abdulian 3940 Laurel Canyon Blvd Studio City CA 91604