Dr. Beverly Wood is a psychiatrist practicing in Columbia, SC. Dr. Wood is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Wood diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Wood may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Wood treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Virginia Commonwealth University / Medical College of Virginia School of Medic 1984
Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine 1984
Va Commonwealth Univ, Med Coll of Va Sch of Med, Richmond Va 1984
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Penn St U Hp-M S Hershey Mc, Psychiatry
- Penn State U-Hershey Med Ctr
- University of Pennsylvania Health System Program
Dr. Beverly A Wood MD's Practice location
Columbia, SC 29210 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Beverly A Wood MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Beverly A Wood MD's reviewsWrite Review
- 10 Tips For Managing and Reducing Anxiety
Living with constant and excessive anxiety is not easy. Many people with anxiety struggle every day to find relief, but often fall short. This is because controlling anxiety is a long-term process and cannot be completed overnight. If you truly want to learn to manage your anxiety and regain control...
- What Is Male Borderline Personality Disorder?
Borderline personality disorder (BPD) is defined as a mental disorder that generally affects the way individuals think and feel about themselves and other people. People with this personality disorder often have unstable personal relationships due to their extreme emotions, impulsiveness, and...
- How Is Schizophrenia Diagnosed?
The typical cases of schizophrenia are easy to diagnose. The difficult to diagnose are those belonging to an ill-defined group that includes the so-called latent cases, borderline, character disorder, quasi-psychotic psychopaths, severe personality difficulties, and so on. The diagnosis made in...
- Drugs for Irritability Symptoms of Autism
Autism is a kind of disorder that affects the developmental side of a person, and it affects social and communication skills. Irritability is the major symptom of autism, which complicates the adjustments in and around the person. The person may show various behaviors, such as hostility, outbursts,...
- Understanding Depression in the LGBTQ Community
According to the National Institute of Mental Health, individuals who identify as gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, and queer have a high prevalence of mood and anxiety disorders compared to their heterosexual counterparts. Studies have shown that the discrimination, prejudice, abuse, and...
- Can Kava Relieve Anxiety? Learn the Truth About this Herbal Remedy
Many people suffering from anxiety disorders often turn to prescription drugs to ease their pain. While medications prescribed by your physician can be helpful, it is also useful to explore homeopathic remedies. Kava, also known as kava-kava, is a plant-based relaxant that has been used by Pacific...
- Dr. Ayodele A Ogunfowora M.D. 120 Wildewood Park Dr Columbia SC 29223
- Dr. Harold Clifford Morgan M.D. 3 Legare Lane Columbia SC 29204
- Dr. Joseph Hunter Gaskins M.D. Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Trimaine M. Brinkley MD Palmetto Health Richland Memorial Hospital Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Emile A Barrouk MD Fifteen Medical Park Columbia SC 29203
- Dr. Rushiraj Chaitanya Laiwala M.D. Bldg 52, Lake Dr Mountain Home TN 37684