Dr. Matthew Oster is a pediatric cardiologist practicing in Atlanta, GA. Dr. Oster specializes in caring for fetuses, infants, children and adolescents with cardiovascular or cardiac abnormalities. Practiced in both inpatient and outpatient settings, the scope of conditions cared for by pediatric cardiologists is large and includes congenital heart defects, heart muscle disorders, rhythm disturbances and hypertension.
Education and Training
Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania 2004
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP- Pediatric Cardiology
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD
- An update on cardiovascular malformations in congenital rubella syndrome.
- Associations between maternal fever and influenza and congenital heart defects.
- Screening for critical congenital heart disease: a matter of sensitivity.
- Invited commentary.
- Cost-effectiveness of routine screening for critical congenital heart disease in US newborns.
- Relation of prenatal diagnosis with one-year survival rate for infants with congenital heart disease.
- Pediatric inpatient hospital resource use for congenital heart defects.
- Hospitalizations and associated costs in a population-based study of children with Down syndrome born in Florida.
- Outcomes and hospital costs associated with the Norwood operation: beyond morbidity and mortality.
- Improvement in Tricuspid Annular Plane Systolic Excursion with Pulmonary Hypertension Therapy in Pediatric Patients.
- Outcomes and hospital costs associated with the Norwood operation: beyond morbidity and mortality--CORRIGENDUM.
- Estimated number of infants detected and missed by critical congenital heart defect screening.
- Survival of Children With Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome.
- Syncope Best Practices: A Syncope Clinical Practice Guideline to Improve Quality.
- Transcatheter Versus Surgical Closure of Atrial Septal Defects in Children: A Value Comparison.
- Heart Disease
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Birth Defects
- Congenital Heart Disease
- University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) Affiliated Hospitals
Dr. Matthew Edward Oster MD's Practice location
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
STOCKBRIDGE, GA 30281Get Direction
Atlanta, GA 30322Get Direction
Dr. Matthew Edward Oster MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Neonatal Lupus?
Neonatal lupus is a not so common autoimmune disease. It is not true lupus as all the symptoms will completely disappear after 6 months of age. Neonatal lupus is also known by several other terms. The condition is also called as:...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What is Kawasaki Disease?
Kawasaki disease is a rare childhood disease that causes inflammation of the arteries in the body. The characteristic symptoms of the disease, which is high fever and peeling skin, remains for almost a week. In most cases, it gets back to normal without any major issues. Children will be monitored...
- What Is Progeria?
Progeria or Hutchinson-Gilford progeria syndrome (HGPS), is a rare genetic condition characterized by a rapidly aging appearance in children. Newborns and infants born with this condition typically look healthy and normal, but may physically display characteristic facial features, such as prominent...
- Newborn Diagnosis: Tetralogy of Fallot
Tetralogy of FallotTetralogy of Fallot is a congenital heart defect, which affects the heart’s structure, causing blood with low levels of oxygen to circulate throughout the body. Babies born with tetralogy of Fallot tend to have a blue discoloration of the skin due to low oxygen levels in their...
- Congenital Heart Defects
Surgical treatment is the most appropriate option for inborn heart defects, which is not something you can put off.What is a congenital heart defect (CHD)?It is combined damage of the heart muscle in which there are structural deformations and anomalies in the inner chamber partitions, as well as...
- Dr. Matthew Brothers M.D.2835 Brandywine Rd Atlanta GA 30341
- Eduardo Montana MD MPH61 WHITCHER ST MARIETTA GA 30060
- Dr. Usama B Kanaan M.D.2835 Brandywine Rd Atlanta GA 30341
- Dr. Matthew Eric Ferguson M.D.2835 Brandywine Rd Atlanta GA 30341
- Dr. Peter S Fischbach MD1405 Clifton Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30322
- Dr. Timotheus George Watson MD2835 BRANDYWINE RD ATLANTA GA 30341