Dr. Eduardo Cantu practices Genetic Medicine in PHOENIX, AZ. As a geneticist, Dr. Cantu performs experiments and analyzes data to interpret the inheritance of different traits in patients. A geneticist evaluates, diagnoses, and manages patients? with hereditary conditions or congenital malformations, genetic risk calculations, and mutation analysis. Dr. Cantu carries out studies, tests, and counsels patients with genetic diseases.
- Clinical, cytogenetic, and molecular evaluation of a patient with partial trisomy 21 (21q11-q22) lacking the classical Down syndrome phenotype.
- Maternal origin of 15q11-13 deletions in Angelman syndrome suggests a role for genomic imprinting.
- Molecular genetic approach to the characterization of the "Down syndrome region" of chromosome 21.
- Recent experience in prenatal fra(X) detection.
- All patients with the T(11;16)(q23;p13.3) that involves MLL and CBP have treatment-related hematologic disorders.
Dr. Eduardo Saldana Cantu PHD's Practice location
PHOENIX, AZ 85016Get Direction
Dr. Eduardo Saldana Cantu PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- What is Neurofibromatosis?
Neurofibromatosis is a genetic disorder that affects the development of nerve cells and tissues in the body, leading to the formation of tumors in different parts of the nervous system. These tumors, also known as neurofibromas, may develop in the brain, spinal cord, along the nerves, or under the...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- The Most Common Misconceptions About Breast Cancer
There is so much information you can read online about breast cancer. Some information may be acquired in the community, friends, or family that is totally misleading or incorrect. Although not backed up with solid evidence, such information can cause a lot of media attention, which can further...
- What Is Pituitary Dwarfism?
IntroductionPituitary dwarfism, also called growth hormone deficiency, is a medical condition wherein the pituitary gland does not produce sufficient amounts of growth hormone. This deficiency often results in children’s slow growth or short stature.An adult with pituitary dwarfism has an average...
- What Causes Albinism?
What is albinism?Albinism is a group of genetic disorders that cause little or no production of the natural pigment called melanin. The color of your skin, hair, and eyes depend on the type and amount of melanin produced by your body. Most individuals with albinism have sun sensitivity, which makes...
- Is My Child More Likely to Develop Autism if a Blood Relative Has Autism?
Autism characterized by impaired social interactions reduced verbal and non-verbal communication and stereotyped behavior and activities. These symptoms appear in early childhood and impair or limit everyday functioning.Autism and geneticsResearchers believe that both environment and genetics play a...
- Dr. Theresa A Grebe M.D.1919 E Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85016
- Dr. Derek E Neilson MD1920 E CAMBRIDGE AVE STE 304 PHOENIX AZ 85006
- Dr. Kyrieckos A Aleck MD1919 E Thomas Rd Phoenix AZ 85016
- Dr. Noralane M Lindor M.D.13400 E SHEA BLVD SCOTTSDALE AZ 85259
- Dr. John Robert Mcgill PH.D.810 E Hammond Ln Phoenix AZ 85034
- Dr. Christine Felicidad Stephenson PH.D.4310 E Cotton Center Blvd Phoenix AZ 85040