Dr. Joseph Kamelgard is a general surgeon practicing in Toms River, NJ. Dr. Kamelgard specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Kamelgard provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Technion-Israel Inst Of Tech- Fac Of Med- Haifa- Israel 1990
Faculty Med Technion Israel Institute Technology 1990
SurgeryAmerican Board of SurgeryABS
- Allegheny Univ Hosps, General Surgery; Med Coll Of Pa & Hosp, General Surgery
- Allegheny University Of Health Science 1992
Dr. Joseph Kamelgard MD, FACS's Practice location
Toms River, NJ 08755Get Direction
LOS ANGELES, CA 90035Get Direction
Dr. Joseph Kamelgard MD, FACS's reviewsWrite Review
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- What Are the Treatment Options for Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, which is a tube-like organ that extends from the large intestine. According to theories, the appendix is a specialized organ that is capable of producing antibodies. However, experts suggest that the appendix has no definite function in the human...
- Sleep Apnea CPAP Machine: Gel, Cleaner, and Price
Sleep apnea is a sleep breathing disorder. It is characterized by repetitive pauses in breathing, which may occur several times per hour and may last for 10 seconds. It is usually a chronic condition. It results in poor sleep quality and excessive sleepiness in daytime. The most common type is...
- Reasons Why You Need an Adenoidectomy
Having a sore throat is a common condition and anyone can be affected by it. One cause of a sore throat is tonsillitis (inflammation of the tonsils). However, apart from tonsils, there are also adenoids, which are found at the back of the pharynx. Adenoids can also be affected and can cause a series...
- What Is an Umbilical Hernia Surgery?
An umbilical hernia operation is a surgical procedure that repairs an umbilical hernia issue. A hernia is a protrusion that usually appears in the abdomen. The bulging effect is due to the intestines or bowels trying to push their way out of the abdominal walls via the weak spots. Although commonly...
- What to Expect After Gallbladder Surgery
The Gallbladder is a small, pear-shaped organ that is located below the liver. It is found on the right side of the abdomen. Its primary function is to take and store the fluid that is released from the liver to help in digestion (bile). The surgical procedure that is used to extract a damaged...
- Dr. Richard Yackshaw Greco D.O.1100 Route 72 West Manahawkin NJ 08050
- Dr. John W. Gorechlad M.D.1945 NJ-33 Neptune City New Jersey 07753
- Dr. Emil Shakov M.D.478 Brick Blvd Brick NJ 08723
- Dr. Steven R Priolo M.D.478 Brick Blvd Brick NJ 08723
- Dr. Jeffrey Hager D.O.1100 Route 72 W Manahawkin NJ 08050
- Dr. Felix Shaoul Shamash M.D.26 Pine Blvd Lakewood NJ 08701