Dr. Ava Phoenix is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Jacksonville, FL. Dr. Phoenix specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Phoenix can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Phoenix can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Education and Training
Med Coll of Ga Sch of Med, Augusta Ga 1996
Obstetrics and GynecologyAmerican Board of Obstetrics and GynecologyABOG
- Univ Of Fl Coll Of Med, Obstetrics And Gynecology
- University Of Fl College Of Med
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Ava E. Phoenix M.D.'s Practice location
Jacksonville, FL 32204 Get Direction
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32216 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Ava E. Phoenix M.D. | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Ava E. Phoenix M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Phoenix
- What Is Estarylla?
Estarylla is a combination hormone medication, which contains progestin (norgestimate) and estrogen (ethinyl estradiol). It is used to prevent pregnancy by inhibiting ovulation (release of an egg during a woman's menstrual period). It also prevents the sperm to reach the egg by making the vaginal...
- How Soon After Sex Can You Take a Pregnancy Test?
A pregnancy test can provide an accurate result up to ten days after intercourse. If the test is done early, its accuracy is reduced. The standard time frame is 10 to 14 days following sexual intercourse. HCG is produced two weeks following conception or ovulation; therefore, a false result may be...
- What Specialist Treats Vaginitis?
Vaginitis is a common infection that causes irritation to the vulva or vagina. Almost all women develop vaginitis at some point in their lives. At times, the infection occurs as a result of a yeast infection, among other triggers. Mostly, vaginitis and yeast infections occur more than one time in a...
- Are You an Insomniac Before Getting Your Period?
Many women complain of insomnia a few days before getting their periods. “The actual reason behind this feeling is changing levels of the hormones estrogen and progesterone”, says Michael Breus, PhD, ABSM, a sleep expert. “These changes in hormones can affect an individual's ability to fall...
- Which Specialist Performs a Hysterectomy?
In the U.S., hysterectomies are second only to cesarean deliveries among the most widely-adopted surgical practices, and the number of women opting to go under the knife exceeds half a million annually. Your choice of specialist for the surgery depends entirely on the nature and seriousness of the...
- How Phthalate Exposure During Pregnancy Increases the Risk of Behavioral Issues
A new study has shown that phthalates, a common chemical found in a number of consumer products, are harmful to the mental and behavioral development of children. The results of the study are published in the journal, Environmental Health Perspectives. This chemical is an important component in...
Nearby OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)s
- Dr. Martin Garcia M.D. 836 Prudential Dr Jacksonville FL 32207
- J. Eugene Glenn 3 Shircliff Way Jacksonville FL 32204
- Dr. Ingrid A. Carlson MD 486 Town Plaza Ave Ponte Vedra Beach Florida 32081
- Dr. David Lynn Miller M.D. 3 Shircliff Way Jacksonville FL 32204
- Dr. Paul Rebenack M.D. 6885 Belfort Oaks Place Jacksonville FL 32216
- Dr. Emily Lampp Balanky M.D. 14546 Old Saint Augustine Rd Jacksonville FL 32258