Dr. Michelle Shen is a surgical oncologist practicing in Houston, TX. Dr. Shen specializes in diagnosing, staging and treating cancer-related symptoms. Surgical oncologists also decide if the patient is a candidate for surgery or other cancer treatments based on certain factors such as age, physical fitness and other possible coexisting medical conditions
- 30th Annual Miami Breast Cancer Conference 2013 Fellow Scholarship Award
- Golden Gallbladder Award, 2010 University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- Resident of the Year Award, 2009University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, TX
- University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and Affiliated Hospitals2007
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Clinical Fellowship, Breast Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX, Stephen Swisher 2012
Dr. Michelle Chout-win Shen M.D.'s Practice location
MOORESTOWN, NJ 08057 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michelle Chout-win Shen M.D. | Surgical Oncologist | Surgical Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michelle Chout-win Shen M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Gastric Cancer: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, and Treatment
Gastric cancer, also known as stomach cancer, begins when cancer cells form in the inner lining of the stomach. This disease does not show clear signs and symptoms until it enters the later stages. The cancer may spread from the stomach to essential parts like the liver, lungs, bones, and lymph...
- What Does It Mean If Your Nipple Is Inverted?
What are inverted nipples?Inverted nipples, also called as nipple retraction, nipple inversion, or invaginated nipple, is a condition in which the nipples point inward instead of out. In some women, nipple retraction can be present at birth. In some cases, the condition may develop due to trauma or...
- An Overview of Gallbladder Diseases
What is the gallbladder?The gallbladder is a four-inch, pear-shaped organ situated below your liver. It acts as a storage organ for bile, which is a mixture of fats, cholesterol, and fluids. The main purpose of bile is to help in breaking down fats during digestion. The whole process allows for easy...
- How Can Skin Grafting Treat Melanoma?
What is melanoma?Melanoma is a type of skin cancer that affects the melanocytes or the skin cells that contain the pigment melanin. It is caused when long or repeated exposure to UV radiation damages the DNA of these skin cells and causes them to divide uncontrollably forming a malignant tumor....
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- Breast Cancer Survivor Organizes Non-Profit With a Meaningful Purpose
One month before her 31st birthday, Janet Palmer, a law enforcement officer, found a lump in her right breast. After nine months of consultations with two different doctors and one negative mammogram, she was diagnosed with breast cancer. At this time, Palmer decided to undergo a mastectomy,...
Nearby Surgical Oncologists
- Dr. Darlene M. Miltenburg M.D. 7400 Fannin St Houston TX 77054
- Dr. Alfred D Jenkins MD 1938 Peachtree Rd Nw Atlanta GA 30309
- Dr. Miguel A. Rodriguez-bigas M.D. 1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Jula Veerapong MD 1400 Holcombe Blvd. , Fc12. 30000 Houston TX 77230
- Dr. Bridget N Fahy M.D. 6550 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Elizabeth Gardner Grubbs MD 1515 Holcombe Blvd Houston TX 77030