Dr. Mehmet Alp practices Neurological Surgery in Houston, TX. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Alp prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
MED SCH/ANKARA UNIV 1986
Ankara Universitesi, Tip Fakultesi,Ankara, Turkey MD
- Univ Il Coll Of Med, Neurological Surgery
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Great West Healthcare
- Multiplan PHCS
Dr. Mehmet S Alp M.D.'s Practice location
Houston, TX 77030 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mehmet S Alp M.D. | Neurosurgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mehmet S Alp M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Everything You Need to Know About a Laminectomy
What Is a Laminectomy?The lamina is the back part of your vertebra covering the spinal canal. Your doctor could decide to eliminate your lamina or the bone spurs around it when either causes compression of your spinal cord or the roots of your nerves. Pressure on the roots of your nerves can cause:...
- What Are the Treatments for Stroke?
Emergency treatment for stroke is dependent on the type of stroke you're suffering from. Whether it is an ischemic stroke that blocks an artery, or a hemorrhagic stroke that is caused by bleeding of blood vessels around the brain, acting fast is important since every minute counts.Ischemic Stroke:...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Scoliosis Symptoms and Causes
Scoliosis often occurs in kids below the age of puberty. Some of the most common signs of scoliosis happen to be the following:...
- Lobotomies in Other Countries
What is a lobotomy and why was it used?A lobotomy is a neurosurgical procedure used for the treatment of various psychological conditions, such as severe depression, mania, schizophrenia, etc. It was even used for the treatment of homosexuality.The idea of brain surgery started around 1890, when a...
- Dr. Joshua J Chern MD/PHD 5455 Meridian Mark Rd Ne Atlanta GA 30342
- Prof. Alex B Valadka M.D. 6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Jay Martin Barrash M.D. 5959 West Loop S Bellaire TX 77401
- Dr. John B Berry M.D. 6624 Fannin Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Peng Roc Chen M.D. 6410 Fannin St Houston TX 77030
- Dr. Woodrow William Janese MD, FACS, BSME 13303 Champion Forest Dr Houston TX 77069