Dr. Patrick Ryan is a psychiatrist practicing in Sylmar, CA. Dr. Ryan is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Ryan diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Ryan may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Ryan treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
Creighton University School of Medicine 1968
- Camarillo State Hosp, Psychiatry St Mary Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
Dr. Patrick J Ryan MD's Practice location
Sylmar, CA 91342 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Patrick J Ryan MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Patrick J Ryan MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Ryan
- What Is Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?
Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by obsessive, unreasonable thoughts, and repetitive, compulsive behaviors. The recurring thoughts and fears, called obsessions, leads to the need to repetitively perform certain actions, called compulsions, that would help in...
- What Conditions Are Treatable with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy?
Behavioral and cognitive therapies are types of psychotherapies that follow scientific principles in assisting individuals how to change their thoughts, feelings, and behavior. They are practical approaches that aim at solving problems.An anxiety disorder may be present in people who experience...
- What Is a Transorbital Lobotomy?
Transorbital LobotomyTransorbital lobotomy was once considered as a form of neurosurgery that was labeled as "insane". A pioneer in this field was a Portuguese doctor named António Egas Moniz. He introduced frontal lobotomy in 1935 for certain cases of psychosis and won a Nobel Prize because of...
- What Are Different Cognitive Behavioral Techniques?
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy is an effective way of treating several mental conditions such as:...
- ADHD in Children
ADHD usually develops during childhood, and there have been no cases of the condition occurring in adults who didn’t have it in their childhood. As a result, ADHD is best diagnosed and managed during childhood and for the rest of the life. When it comes to spotting ADHD symptoms in children, the...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Mr. Ronald Dean Sager M.D. 4505 Las Virgenes Rd Calabasas CA 91302
- Dr. Nancy S. Wolf M.D. 1242 Angelo Dr Beverly Hills California 90210
- Dr. Cassandra M. Klyman M.D 8235 Santa Monica Blvd West Hollywood CA 90046
- Dr. Tsilya Bass M.D. 7801 Sunset Blvd Los Angeles California 90046
- Dr. Gordon V. Brion M.D. PO Box 292543 Los Angeles California 90029
- Mark S. Lipian 2029 Century Park East Los Angeles CA 90067