Dr. Schrank earned his medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine in 1995 after earning two B.S. degrees in Engineering Science and Psychobiology from the University of Miami. He received ...
Education and Training
University of Miami B.S. Engineering Science 1991
Georgetown University School of Medicine M.D. 1995
Orthopaedic SurgeryAmerican Board of Orthopaedic SurgeryABOS- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Theodore Roosevelt Award2015Theodore Roosevelt Award
- Healthcare Hero Award “Physician Hero”2015Healthcare Hero Award
- Frank W. Jobe Award for outstanding researchFrank W. Jobe Association
- AC Joint reconstructions
- All forms of shoulder stabilization procedures
- Arthroscopic Labral Repairs
- Arthroscopic SLAP repairs
- Axillary Nerve Decompressions
- Bankart repair
- Biceps Tenodesis
- BMAC procedures
- Capsular Release Surgery
- Clavcle Fractures
- Distal Biceps Repair
- Distal Clavicle Excision
- Distal Triceps Repair
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Elbow Fracture And Dislocation Treatment
- Elbow Replacement
- Glenoid fractures
- Greater Tuberosity fractures
- Hyaluronic Acid
- Injections for the shoulder
- Laterjet procedures
- Non-operative treatment of all shoulder injuries
- Pec Major Ruptures
- Proximal Humeral fractures
- Prp Injections
- Reverse Total Shoulder Replacement
- Revision Rotator Cuff Repair
- Rotator Cuff Repair surgery
- Scapula Fractures
- Scapular Dyskinesia
- Scapular Winging
- Snapping Scapula Syndrome
- Stem Cell Injections
- Subacromial Decompression
- Superior Capsular reconstructions
- Suprascapular Nerve Release
- Surgical Neck fractures
- Tommy John Surgery
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Treatment of Calcific Tendinitis
- Treatment of Frozen Shoulder
- Treatment of shoulder arthritis
- Treatment Of Shoulder Dislocations
- Treatment of shoulder fractures
- Treatment of shoulder fractures (closed or open)
- Treatment of shoulder separations
- Treatment of Sterno Clavicular Joint Injuries
- UCL repair of the elbow
- MemberAmerican Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons
- Hospital for Joint DiseasesOrthopedics2000
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Kerlan-Jobe Orthopedic ClinicSports Medicine2001
Experience & Accolades
- President of the Medical Staff2010 - 2012St. Charles Hospital
- Head Team PhysicianWard Melville High School Football
- Head Team PhysicianSachem East High School Football
- Assistant Team PhysicianLos Angeles Sports TeamsLos Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Dodgers, Los Angeles Kings, Anaheim Ducks, Anaheim Angels, Los Angeles Galaxy, USC Trojan Football Team, Alvin Ailey Dance Company, XFL Los Angeles Xtreme Football
Dr. Philip Lloyd Schrank MD's Practice location
East Setauket, NY 11733 Get Direction
Commack, NY 11725 Get Direction
Patchogue, NY 11772 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Philip Lloyd Schrank MD | Orthopaedic Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Philip Lloyd Schrank MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Schrank
- Treatments for Arthritis: 5 Tips on Living with Arthritis
Living with arthritis is never easy. People who are suffering from this disease will tell you that for sure. You will face constant pain in your arms, legs, your back, and joints. In a word, you will feel like your bones are falling apart. Equally important is that the pain can have a serious impact...
- What Specialists Treat Osteoporosis?
Osteoporosis is sometimes described as "bone thinning". It’s a disease wherein the bone’s density and quality are severely reduced. As an individual’s bones become more permeable and fragile, the susceptibility to fracture is immensely increased. Bone loss occurs silently and progressively....
- How to Prepare for a Knee Replacement Surgery
A major factor that you should consider before having a knee replacement surgery is proper preparation. A good preparation will actually give you successful outcomes with fewer complications. As a patient, you should consider learning what to expect during the procedure and recovery both at home and...
- What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Arthritis?
Arthritis is a condition that causes inflammation and swelling in the joints. It may also affect the tissues surrounding the joints and other adjacent or connective tissues, and its adverse effects may be either on one or multiple joints. The arthritic disease or condition can be categorized into...
- How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?
How Effective is Knee Replacement Surgery?This surgery is normally recommended for elderly people who suffer from severe pain due to osteoarthritis. It is suggested for people if the pain and stiffness in their joints affects their mobility and daily activities. One has to understand both the...
- What Is Olecranon Bursitis?
Whenever a bursa is inflamed and becomes swollen, it causes a lot of pain around the affected area. The condition is called bursitis. The inflammation and swelling of the bursa are the causes of pain. The bursa is a sac filled with fluid, which is always located between the muscles, tendons, bones,...
- Dr. James Patrick Gurtowski M.D. 180 E Pulaski Rd Huntington Station NY 11746
- Dr. Enrico S Mango MD 290 E Main Street Smithtown NY 11787
- Dr. John J Brennan MD 325 Meeting House Ln Southampton NY 11968
- Sathish Jay Subbaiah M.D. 6 Technology Drive East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Douglas Matthew Petraco MD 6 Technology Drive East Setauket NY 11733
- Dr. Robert A Stanton MD 305 BLACK ROCK TPKE FAIRFIELD CT 06825