Dr. Pia J Hauk MD
Pediatrician1400 Jackson St Denver CO, 80206
Dr. Pia Hauk is a pediatrician practicing in Denver, CO. Dr. Hauk is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Hauk diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Hauk can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Education and Training
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universit‰t M¸nchen Medizinische Fakult‰t 1988
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Tacrolimus (FK506): new treatment approach in superantigen-associated diseases like atopic dermatitis?
- Bee-venom allergy in children: long-term predictive value of standardized challenge tests.
- Airway remodeling and lack of bronchodilator response in steroid-resistant asthma.
- The role of food allergy in atopic dermatitis.
- Neutrophilic airway inflammation and association with bacterial lipopolysaccharide in children with asthma and wheezing.
- Corticosteroid-resistant asthma is associated with classical antimicrobial activation of airway macrophages.
- Decreased serum vitamin D levels in children with asthma are associated with increased corticosteroid use.
- Evidence for superantigen involvement in skin homing of T cells in atopic dermatitis.
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (copd)
- Allergic Reaction
- Hives (urticaria)
Dr. Pia J Hauk MD's Practice location
Denver, CO 80206Get Direction
AURORA, CO 80045Get Direction
Dr. Pia J Hauk MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Hauk
- Do Children Need Vitamin Supplements?
As a parent, it is very normal to worry whether your child is getting all the necessary nutrients, especially when the child is a picky eater. Now that there are plenty of chewable and gummy vitamins available in the market. When should you choose a multivitamin or dietary supplement? Experts are of...
- Is There a Cure for Autism?
It is natural to ask your doctor about the cure for any disease once you have been diagnosed with it. The same is true for those diagnosed with autism. Unfortunately, there is no cure for autism.Various behavioral adjustment methods and medications that manage autism’s core symptoms are available...
- Can Children Suffer from Sleep Apnea?
Sleep apnea is a very common sleep disorder that can affect any individual at any age, even children. It is typically caused by something that blocks the airway, thus leading to abnormal breathing while asleep. If your child snores loudly or displays other symptoms such as breathing difficulties...
- What Is Campylobacter Infection: Causes and Treatment
Campylobacter InfectionOne of the main causes of diarrhea is Campylobacter. It is also one of the major causes of foodborne illnesses. When it infects the gastrointestinal tract, it can cause cramps, fever, and diarrhea. Campylobacter infections can be prevented by good handwashing habits and food...
- What Is G6PD Deficiency?
Introduction G6PD is actually an enzyme and G6PD deficiency occurs when there is a deficiency of this enzyme. This condition is not fatal, but in acute as well as in the chronic breakdown of red blood cells, it causes a spectrum of complaints such as jaundice. This condition is inherited and a...
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
Caused by bacteria and viruses, meningitis is an inflammation (swelling) of the protective membranes covering the brain and spinal cord known as the meninges. The inflammation is usually caused by an infection of the fluid surrounding the brain and spinal cord. It can develop as a result of injury,...
- Dr. Donna L Bratton MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Joseph D Spahn MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Erwin W Gelfand MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Nathan Rabinovitch MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Susan M Brugman MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Melanie C Gleason PA-C1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206