Dr. Joseph D Spahn MD
Allergist and Immunologist (Pediatric) | Pediatric Allergy/Immunology1400 Jackson St Denver CO, 80206
Dr. Joseph Spahn practices Pediatric Allergy Medicine in Denver, CO. A pediatric allergist/immunologist finds and treats allergies and immune system problems that child patients suffer from. Dr. Spahn treats the reactions caused by pet dander, pollen, dust, mold spores, insect stings, food, and medications; those reactions include asthma, hay fever, hives, eczema, or a very severe and unusual reaction called anaphylaxis.
Education and Training
Univ of Co Sch of Med, Denver Co 1986
Allergy and ImmunologyAmerican Board of Allergy and ImmunologyABAI
PediatricsAmerican Board of PediatricsABP
DermatologyAmerican Board of DermatologyABD- 2004
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
- Immunologic basis and management of steroid-resistant asthma.
- Inhibition of methylprednisolone elimination in the presence of clarithromycin therapy.
- Risk factors associated with glucocorticoid-induced adverse effects in children with severe asthma.
- Long-acting beta2-agonist monotherapy vs continued therapy with inhaled corticosteroids in patients with persistent asthma: a randomized controlled trial.
- Inhaled corticosteroid reduction and elimination in patients with persistent asthma receiving salmeterol: a randomized controlled trial.
- Childhood asthma: new insights into management.
- Relations between exhaled nitric oxide and measures of disease activity among children with mild-to-moderate asthma.
- Histopathology of severe childhood asthma: a case series.
- Treating the wheezing infant.
- The need for pediatric studies of allergy and asthma medications.
- A comparison of the clinical characteristics of children and adults with severe asthma.
- Do NHLBI lung function criteria apply to children? A cross-sectional evaluation of childhood asthma at National Jewish Medical and Research Center, 1999-2002.
- Racial differences in T-lymphocyte response to glucocorticoids.
- Quantitative computed tomography detects peripheral airway disease in asthmatic children.
- Inhaled steroids: are they all created equal?
- Outstanding Teaching Award: National Jewish Health Pediatric Allergy/I 2004 University of California, Davis Medical Center 1988-1989: Outstanding
- Immune System, Asthma, Eczema (atopic Dermatitis) And More
- Fellow American Academy of Allergy and Immunology
- Fellow American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow American Academy of Allergy and Immunology
- National Jewish Medical and Research Center, Pediatric Allergy/Immunology 1992
- National Jewish Health, Pediatric Allergy/Immunology 1989
Dr. Joseph D Spahn MD's Practice location
Denver, CO 80206Get Direction
AURORA, CO 80045Get Direction
Dr. Joseph D Spahn MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Spahn
- Are Vaccines Safe for My Baby Under All Circumstances?
Are there any circumstances under which vaccination of young children is forbidden?There are particular conditions when the immunization of your child, unfortunately, cannot be performed. If all terms and conditions are followed accordingly, complications are avoidable. These are the circumstances...
- When Is Allergy Season?
Allergy season would mainly depend on the underlying factor of what individuals are allergic to and where they live. If an individual is suffering from a seasonal allergy or hay fever, then tree pollens could trigger the allergic reaction in the season of spring or late winter. If you are allergic...
- What to Do If Your Baby Has a Milk Protein Allergy
Milk Protein AllergyOne of the most common food allergies in babies and young children is cow's milk allergy. The good news is that milk allergies are usually outgrown by babies when they turn 2 or 3 years old. Its symptoms are usually managed by consuming a dairy-free diet. Regular milk is...
- Symbicort (Budesonide/Formoterol) Inhalation Aerosol
What is Symbicort?Symbicort is a combination drug used for the management of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) symptoms. The two active ingredients of Symbicort are budesonide and formoterol. This combination helps relax the airways and makes breathing easier.Budesonide can be...
- All About Wasp Stings
IntroductionA wasp is an insect that belongs to the order of Hymenoptera and suborder Apocrita. Wasps can be identified from bees and ants through their physical and behavioral characteristics. They have a slimmer and smooth body with few hairs. Wasps are also parasitic and predatory in nature....
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Dr. Chris L Cleveland M.D.1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Andrew Liu MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Stanley Szefler MD13123 E 16TH AVE AURORA CO 80045
- Dr. Grace P Tamesis M.D., MPH1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Flavia Cecilia lega Hoyte MD1400 Jackson St Denver CO 80206
- Dr. Jonathan M Malka MDUniversity Of Colorado School Of Medicine Denver CO 80262