Dr. Jem Hof is a physiatrist practicing in Sioux Falls, SD. Dr. Hof is a medical doctor specializing in physical medicine and rehabilitation. As a physiatrist, Dr. Hof focuses on a patients ability to function, and can treat multiple conditions that affect the brain, nerves, spine, bones, muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons. Dr. Hof can diagnose and treat pain that is a result of injury, disease or a disabling condition. Physiatrists often lead a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and physicians in a patients treatment or prevention plan.
Education and Training
Univ Of Sd Sch Of Med- Vermillion Sd- 1986
Physical Medicine and RehabilitationAmerican Board of Physical Medicine and RehabilitationABPMR
- Univ Hosps & Clinics, Physical Medicine And Rehabilitation; Sioux Falls Fam Prac Res, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- U Mo
Dr. Jem J. Hof MD's Practice location
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jem J. Hof MD | Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jem J. Hof MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- What Is Bursitis: Get the Facts
There are conditions that we experience or live with in our life. Moreover, we tend to assume that most of them are normal or of no much importance. Some of these conditions or feelings in our bodies may later cause bigger problems and it is necessary to understand them and their sources. It is also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Muscular Dystrophy: Telling a Child the Truth About His/Her Condition
Muscular dystrophy is a category of muscle diseases that cause progressive weakness and loss of muscle mass. Muscular dystrophy (MD) is either inherited or can be due to a genetic mutation. Kids with MD usually follow a normal pattern of growth development in the first few years of their lives,...
- What Is a Lower Back Pain with Sciatica?
Lower back pain is a common problem experienced by most people at some point during their lifetime. There are several causes for lower back pain with sciatica, and the intensity of pain can range from dull to quite severe. Men and women are equally affected by this condition. Most cases of back pain...
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes, Diagnosis, and Treatment
What is Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS)?Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (EDS) is a group of genetic disorders that affect the body’s connective tissues, which are proteins that support the blood vessels, skin, bones, and other organs in the body. Connective tissues also provide elasticity and strength to the...
Nearby Physiatrist (Physical Medicine)s
- Dr. Susan Finley Assam MD 1210 W 18th St Sioux Falls SD 57104
- Dr. Jonathan D Stone M.D. 1100 E 21st St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Christopher Janssen Other 1210 W 18th St Sioux Falls SD 57104
- Dr. Mark Wayne Drymalski MD 1100 E 21st St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Kwang U Chang MD 810 E 23rd St Sioux Falls SD 57105
- Dr. Jerry J Blow MD 101 W 69th St Sioux Falls SD 57108