Dr. Bertram Roberts is a nephrologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. Roberts specializes in the care and treatment of the kidneys. As a nephrologist, Dr. Roberts most typically treats conditions like kidney stones, chronic kidney disease, acute renal failure, polycystuc kidney disease, high blood pressure and more. Nephrologists are also experts on kidney transplantation and dialysis. They are usually referred to by primary care physicians for problems related to the kidneys, and while they can perform tests to diagnose kidney disorders, they do not perform surgeries.
Education and Training
Tay Nguyen Universite Ecole de Medecine
University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences College of Medicine 1969
Univ of Ar Coll of Med, Little Rock Ar 1969
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Oh State Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Internal Medicine; Emory Univ Hosp, Internal Medicine; Barnes-Jewish Hosp, Internal Medicine
Dr. Bertram Roberts MD's Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Bertram Roberts MD | Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist) | Nephrology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Bertram Roberts MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Roberts
- Blood in Urine: What is a Urine Test?
When you pee and see a stream of rusty red urine, the sight fills you with a sense of dread. You suspect that the discoloration is due to the presence of blood. A pungent odor may fuel the anxiety. The only way to confirm suspicions is through a urinalysis recommended by a primary caregiver. A...
- 5 Tips on Living with Kidney Stones
According to scientific research, around 15% of the world’s population is living with kidney stones. Among these people, 20% are men while 5% are women. Kidney stones is a condition which is very common especially in men. It is also among the most painful infections since it affects the urinary...
- What Causes Blood to Show Up in Urine?
Hematuria is the phenomenon in which traces of blood appear in the urine. It presents a unique problem because it is not a disease in itself. It is not infectious, nor is it capable of threatening a life. It is merely a warning sign that something is wrong inside the body. Though frightening in...
- What Could Swollen Feet Mean?
Swollen feet can be easily linked to pregnancy, standing for long hours, or injury by most people. These cases are often temporary and not a cause for concern. However, swollen feet can also be experienced by people without these factors and can be a sign of an underlying medical condition,...
- What Is Renal Ultrasound Used For?
A renal ultrasound is actually a diagnostic procedure, wherein high-frequency sound waves are transmitted through the body tissues that are inaudible to the human ear. The echoes recorded into videos or images of the internal structures of the body.A wide range of diseases and conditions can be...
- The 3 Types of Urinary Tract Infections
Urinary tract infections (UTIs) are common worldwide, among both men and women, and they can occur at all ages. However, women are more likely to develop urinary tract infections than men. A UTI is caused by a bacterial infection in the urinary tract. When bacteria enter the urinary tract, they are...
Nearby Nephrologist (Kidney Specialist)s
- Dr. Ronald W. Hamner M.D. 215. East Quincy San Antonio TX 78215
- Dr. Milagros Anahi Martinez M.D. 219 Blackjack Oak Shavano Park Texas 78230
- Dr. Aashish Kumar Pandey M.D. 4242 E Southcross Blvd San Antonio TX 78223
- Dr. Melissa Ray Isbell MD 7434 Louis Pasteur Dr San Antonio TX 78229
- Qasim Ali Butt 343 West Houston Street San Antonio Texas 78205
- M. Reza Mizani 343 West Houston Street San Antonio Texas 78205