Dr. Alicia Mccarthy is an obstetrician-gynecologist practicing in Chicago, IL. Dr. Mccarthy specializes in women's health, particularly the female reproductive system, pregnancy and childbirth. As an obstetrician-gynecologist, or OB-GYN, Dr. Mccarthy can treat a number of health issues related to the vagina, uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes and breasts. Dr Mccarthy can also treat women during pregnancy, labor, childbirth and the postpartum period. In this specialty, doctors focus on reproductive care from puberty through adulthood.
Dr. Alicia Mccarthy MD, PHD's Practice location
Chicago, IL 60637 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Alicia Mccarthy MD, PHD | OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Alicia Mccarthy MD, PHD's reviewsWrite Review
- How Retaining One Normal BRCA Gene Influences Survival in Ovarian Cancer Patients
The National Cancer Institute reports that around 250,000 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year, and about 22,000 with ovarian cancer. While the survival rate among patients with breast cancer is significantly higher compared to ovarian cancer – the NCI reports about 40,000 of the...
- What Are the Complications of a Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery, like all other types of surgeries, has its own complications that arise from different causes. Maybe it’s the doctor, the equipment used, or the patients themselves. Complications may vary according to the type of surgery performed.Major complications could arise if:...
- 5 Tips on Living with Vaginitis
Vaginitis is an infection that causes swelling and inflammation in the vagina. Vaginitis happens as a result of an imbalance of the normal bacterial flora causing an overgrowth of other organisms in the vagina.Types of VaginitisThere are many conditions that will cause swelling or infection in the...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- What Is Low or Weak Immunity in a Child?
What does the term “low immunity” mean?When you notice that your child catches a cold or the flu more often than other family members, or when it takes a long time for any wounds to heal, you begin to think that there is something wrong with your child's resistance.Low immunity is a term that...
- The Health Benefits of Vitamin A
Vitamin A is a group of fat soluble vitamins that plays a major role in the function of our immune system as well as in vision and cellular communication. Vitamin A serves several important functions that help us to maintain a healthy body. It is important in helping to keep our eyesight,...
Nearby OB-GYN (Obstetrician-Gynecologist)s
- Dr. Radha Burtch M.D. 5207 Main Street Downers Grove IL 60515
- Dr. Micaela Della Torre M.D. 5758 S Maryland Ave Chicago IL 60637
- Mr. Jean C. Alexandre MD 1419 W Lake St Melrose Park IL 60160
- Dr. Rosalyn Porter M.D. 5050 South State St Chicago IL 60609
- Dr. Kornelia E. Krol MD 6438 North Central Avenue Chicago Illinois 60646
- Dr. Eiman H. El-Tag M.D. 825 Bermuda Dunes Place Northbrook Illinois 60062