Dr. Nicole Hicks is a speech language pathologist practicing in FAYETTEVILLE, NC. Dr. Hicks specializes in speech, language and swallowing disorders in patients. As a speech language pathologist, Dr. Hicks evaluates, diagnoses and treats patients with communication and swallowing troubles. These conditions may be due to developmental delay, brain injury, hearing loss, autism, stroke or other diseases and injuries. Dr. Hicks helps patients make sounds and improve their voices through various methods. Speech language pathologists also work with patients to strengthen muscles used to speak and swallow, and work with individuals and families to help cope with their conditions.
Mrs. Nicole White Hicks MS,CCC-SLP's Practice location
FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28303Get Direction
Mrs. Nicole White Hicks MS,CCC-SLP's reviewsWrite Review
- Clinically Isolated Syndrome vs. Multiple Sclerosis: What You Need To Know
Clinically isolated syndrome presents the same type of attack where the body’s immune system attacks the central nervous system. If this only happens once, it's known as CIS.Clinically Isolated SyndromeDespite popular belief, CIS does not always go on to develop multiple sclerosis. This does...
- Everything You Need To Know About Multiple Sclerosis
CausesMS is the result of an abnormal response of the body’s immune system. This response results in an attack on the central nervous system — the brain, spinal cord and optic nerve. Specifically the immune system attacks the protective coating around the nerve fibers — myelin — creating...
- Raising a Child with Autism
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD), or autism, is a term used to describe a group of complex brain disorders in human beings. These disorders affect the social interaction of a person, verbal skills, nonverbal communication, and repetitive behaviors, along with any activity that needs a person to react...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Is Multiple Sclerosis Genetic?
Multiple Sclerosis is a complex disease that can be caused by several factors; genetic structure is one of them. Several genes are thought to play a role in the development of MS. If any of a close relative, such as a sibling or a parent, has this disease, your chance of developing MS is slightly...
- Early Warning Signs of Multiple Sclerosis
Is it Multiple Sclerosis?Although some of the symptoms of multiple sclerosis are common, there is no definitive pattern that applies to everyone. The symptoms of multiple sclerosis also resemble those of many other diseases. What sets the symptoms of MS apart from other conditions is time. In many...
- Katherine Peters MCD2401 ROBESON ST FAYETTEVILLE NC 28305
- Mrs. Julieanne Hollister Granados M E.D. CCC-SLP2039 MERRIMAC DR FAYETTEVILLE NC 28304
- Mrs. Carmen Rae Mcelfresh MA CCC-SLP6958 NEXUS CT FAYETTEVILLE NC 28304
- Mrs. Linly Lapointe MA, CCC-SLP6958 NEXUS CT FAYETTEVILLE NC 28304
- Gloria Rogers1104 MARLBOROUGH RD APT B FAYETTEVILLE NC 28304
- Candice D Tetreault MS/CCC-SLP1357 WALTER REED RD STE 102 FAYETTEVILLE NC 28304