Dr. Donald Miller is a hematologist oncologist practicing in Shelby, NC. Dr. Miller specializes in the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of blood diseases such as anemia, hemophilia, sickle-cell disease, leukemia and lymphoma. Hematologist Oncologists are also trained in the study of cancer and its attack on other organs.
Education and Training
Harvard Medical School 1962
State University of New York Upstate Medical University 1988
Harvard Med Sch, Boston Ma 1962
- Duke Univ Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Bravo Health
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- First Health (Coventry Health Care)
- Multiplan PHCS
Dr. Donald S. Miller M.D.'s Practice location
Shelby, NC 28150 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Donald S. Miller M.D. | Hematologist-Oncologist | Hematology & Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Donald S. Miller M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- Treatment Update for Hodgkin Lymphoma
Over time, research has uncovered ways of treating Hodgkin lymphoma (HL) to produce an 80% to 90% cure rate. For the remaining 10% to 20% who are either resistant to the primary treatment or have relapsed, their cancer can still be fatal.The standard care for those not yet cured has been a two-step...
- Teen Treated for Lymphoma to Play College Baseball
Whether it’s the Dodgers or the Red Sox or the local high school team, they’re called ‘the boys of summer’.While summer is when the teams begin competitive play, they are very much the boys of spring as well.The temperature might be cool, but the air is sweet with promise.The players pull...
- Morphos Declared a "Breakthrough Therapy" for Lymphoma
MorphoSys’s main objective is to design exceptional and unique biopharmaceuticals, all designed to enhance the lives of patients suffering from severe or life-threatening conditions.The human body has two types of lymphocytes that can develop into lymphomas: B lymphocytes (B cells) and T...
- Life Lessons After Multiple Misdiagnoses of Lymphoma
28-year-old Jessica DeCristofaro had been coughing persistently and she was told by her doctor that it was a result of allergies. She even took medication for her supposed allergies over the course of two years. When the medication failed to improve her persistent cough, another doctor diagnosed her...
- Tips for Young Adult Lymphoma Survivors to Make the Most of Recovery
It is extremely difficult to reenter the world and normal life after battling lymphoma. Recovery is much more than the body's physical battle, but how to balance emotions and relationships as well.However, there are specific tools that can assist in adapting back into a life that may seem...
- Lymphoma: The Importance of a Support System & Communication
Regardless of what’s being said, communication is something that many people struggle with in their personal relationships. Communication requires self-awareness, listening skills, and the ability to empathize and convey thoughts and feelings accurately. When people are diagnosed with chronic...