Dr. Khalid Athar is an anesthesiologist practicing in Takoma Park, MD. Dr. Athar ensures the safety of patients who are about to undergo surgery. Anestesiologists specialize in general anesthesia, which will (put the patient to sleep), sedation, which will calm the patient or make him or her unaware of the situation, and regional anesthesia, which just numbs a specific part of the body. As an anesthesiologist, Dr. Athar also might help manage pain after an operation.
Education and Training
Dow Med College University Of Karachi Pakistan MD
- DC Family Care (Alliance)
- DC Medicaid
- Florida Healthy Kids
- Illinois CHIP
- Illinois Medicaid
- Long Term Care
- Nevada Check Up
- Nevada Medicaid
- New York CHIP
- New York Family Health Plus
- New York MLTC
- New York Medicaid
- New York Medicaid Advantage
- New York Medicaid Advantage Plus
- New York Medicare
- San Antonio Medicare
- State Children's Health Insurance Program
- Supplemental Security Income
- Texas CHIP
- Texas CHIP Perinatal
- Texas Medicare
- Texas STAR (Medicaid)
- Texas STAR+PLUS (Medicaid only)
- Texas STAR+PLUS (Medicare & Medicaid)
- Virginia FAMIS
Dr. Khalid Athar MD's Practice location
Takoma Park, MD 20912 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Khalid Athar MD | Anesthesiologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Khalid Athar MD's reviewsWrite Review
- If Men Drink Carbonated Drinks Regularly, Can it Lead to Other Health Complications?
It goes without saying that sugar content in carbonated beverages is the major culprit for being overweight. In addition to this fact, sugary soda is also known to worsen certain conditions, like osteoarthritis, particularly in men. These soft drinks are found to be associated with disease...
- What is an Abnormal Pap Smear?
A Pap smears is a test used to detect unwanted or abnormal cells in a woman's cervix. This test helps to identity if a woman has cervical cancer. Abnormal Pap smears do not positively indicate cervical cancer, however, they can detect any changes in the cervix that can be a sign of cervical cancer....
- What Is the Epiglottis?
What is Epiglottis?Epiglottis is a elastic flap of tissue that is shaped like a thin leaf and situated at the root of the tongue. It protects the opening between the vocal cords, known as the entrance of the glottis. Epiglottis is covered with mucous membrane, which is a yellow elastic cartilage...
- What Are the Risks of Laminectomy?
Your doctor will first attempt to give you other alternative treatments before recommending surgery. If your back pain still persists after treatment, your doctor may suggest for surgery as one of the solutions. Laminectomy is the most probable surgical procedure that you will have to undergo.Facts...
- Different Types of Physicians Explained
Doctors or physicians are categorized according to different factors including medical specialties and subspecialties. Most doctors specialize in a specific area of medicine. This article provides a summary of the different types of doctors in the medical field. AllergistsAllergists are also...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Mark T. Matsunaga MD 10710 Charter Dr Columbia Maryland 21044
- Dr. Melody Akhavan M.D. 9907 Georgetown Pike Great Falls VA 22066
- Dr. Mary K. Craddock MEDICAL DOCTOR Lake Charles Louisiana 20815
- Dr. Monica L. Wallace MD 10810 Connecticut Ave Kensington MD 20895
- Dr. Martin J. Harssema M.D. 509 N Pitt St Alexandria Virginia 22314
- Dr. Levi Pearson M.D. 1055 Little Patuxent Parkway Columbia Maryland 21044