Dr. Pamela Parker is a psychiatrist practicing in Birmingham, AL. Dr. Parker is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Parker diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Parker may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Parker treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Univ Of Al Hosp, Psychiatry
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
- Great West Healthcare
Dr. Pamela E Parker MD's Practice location
Birmingham, AL 35209 Get Direction
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35294 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Pamela E Parker MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Pamela E Parker MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Parker
- 5 Reasons You May Be Nauseous After Eating
Nausea is an uncomfortable feeling and a cause for concern if it constantly occurs. It can be a warning sign of disease or a medical condition that may require immediate attention. However, not all cases of nausea are a sign of an underlying illness. There are numerous reasons that an individual can...
- Understanding Clinical Depression
Clinical depression is a serious medical illness that negatively affects how an individual feels, thinks, and how he or she acts. Depression varies from mild to severe, and in certain instances the individual can experience temporary episodes of sadness.Clinical depression is also known as major...
- When Do the Symptoms of Autism Begin to Surface?
Autism is a developmental disorder that affects children as early as infancy. It is usually characterized by delay in or deviation from standard patterns of development, primarily in areas such as social interaction, verbal and non-verbal communication and interests.A lifelong condition, the exact...
- How Can I Treat Anxiety at Home?
Understanding AnxietyAnxiety attacks are difficult to control without the help of a therapist. But by learning and educating oneself about anxiety may help to prevent it. Anxiety is an excessive reaction to a stressful situation, which brings in trembling, a choking feeling, pain in the heart...
- What Is Venlafaxine: Uses, Side Effects, Dosage, and Interactions
Generic Name: VenlafaxineBrand Name(s): Effexor, Effexor XRIntroductionVenlafaxine belongs to the class of selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs), which are used for the treatment of anxiety, panic disorder, and major depressive disorder. This medication works by...
- What Is Lou Gehrig's Disease?
IntroductionLou Gehrig's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and spinal cord. It is also called as amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or ALS. It is a progressive disorder that leads to the loss of voluntary muscle control in the body. This disorder often affects the...
- Dr. Arthur Freeman M.D. 601 Beacon Parkway West Birmingham AL 35223
- Badari Birur 721 Liberty Lake Drive Vestavia Hills Alabama 35242
- Dr. Stephen Mark Taylor M.D. 1025 Montgomery Hwy Birmingham AL 35216
- Dr. Wendell Dean Bell MD 700 S Park St Madison WI 53715
- Cayce Schnare Paddock M.D. 619 19TH ST S BIRMINGHAM AL 35249
- Dr. Kisani Bersbach Ogwaro M.D. 619 19th Street South Birmingham AL 35249