Dr. Mark Dahlgren is a cardiologist practicing in San Francisco, CA. Dr. Dahlgren specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Dahlgren also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
University of California 1983
Univ of Ca, San Diego, Sch of Med, La Jolla Ca 1983
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases Univ Ca San Diego Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
Dr. Mark D. Dahlgren MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94115 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mark D. Dahlgren MD | Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mark D. Dahlgren MD's reviewsWrite Review
- The Correlation Between Height and Heart Disease Risk
The New England Journal of Medicine recently published research linking height and coronary artery disease through the study of genetics. Doctors have known since the 1950s about the link between short stature and coronary artery disease, “but the reason behind this really hasn’t been completely...
- Understanding the Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Heart Conditions
Researchers have found that obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is linked to cardiometabolic dysfunction. The study, seen in the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, attempts to provide an explanation as to why sleep apnea patients often have problems associated with their heart. Up until...
- Atrial Fibrillation: Get the Facts
Atrial fibrillation is a heart condition that occurs due to an irregular or abnormal beating of the heart. It is a serious medical condition that can result in fatality if not treated.An abnormal heartbeat takes place when the pace of the atria and that of the ventricles are not in harmony. The...
- Breathlessness: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
Introduction An unpleasant sensation of rapid breathing or difficulty breathing is known as breathlessness. People sometimes complain of feeling winded, puffed, or out of breath. Medically, it is called as dyspnea. Breathing may hurt and the person may feel tightness in the chest. It is normal to...
- What Causes Secondary Hypertension?
Secondary hypertension refers to high blood pressure that is caused by other diseases. This is a less common form of hypertension when compared to ‘essential’ or ‘primary’ hypertension. A number of conditions that affect heart, kidneys or endocrine system may result in secondary...
- Arterial Disease is Constantly Undiagnosed in Women
Many women in United States is having peripheral artery disease (PAD), out of which, many are not diagnosed. The American Heart Association has called for a ‘Go Red for Women’ campaign to have increased participation to identify and diagnose this disease in women. The association also invites...
- Dr. Gordon L. Fung MD 1600 Divisadero St San Francisco CA 94115
- Dr. Jason A. Talavera M.D. 12728 19th Ave. Se Everett WA 98208
- Ellen Jane Killebrew 901 Nevin Ave Richmond CA 94801
- Dr. Howard J.P. Kline 1 Shrader St San Francisco CA 94117
- Dr. Gustin Ming sun Ho M.D. 929 Clay St San Francisco CA 94108
- Dr. Edward Gerstenfeld MD 3400 Spruce St. Philadelphia PA 19104