Dr. Michael J. Belton is an oral and maxillofacial surgeon practicing in Corona, CA. Dr. Belton specializes in the treatment of problems related to the face, mouth and jaws. As an oral and maxillofacial surgeon and physician, Dr. Belton is a uniquely qualified dental specialist who can provide emergency medicine, perform surgery and give anesthesia. These specializied doctors are the only type of medical care specialist who can administer anesthesia, besides anesthesiologists as well as provide surgical care. Typical procedures performed by Dr. Belton are tooth extractions, especially wisdom teeth, dental implant surgery, repair of stretched, or torn ear lobes, corrective jaw surgery, facial trauma and reconstructive surgery after an injury, non-surgical facial cosmetic procedures. Oral and maxillofacial surgeons can also perform oral and facial biopsies as well as oral surgical procedures to assist with orthodontic treatment. These surgeons might also deal with conditions of sleep apnea, oral cancers and more.
Education and Training
Case Western Reserve Universit DDS 1990
Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine 2002
American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Areas of expertise and specialization
- Top Inland Empire Dentists2012Inland Empire Magazine
- Top Dentists2018Top Dentists
- Top Doctor2018Top Doctor
- American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology
- San Antonio Community Hospital ( Upland, CA )
Dr. Michael John Belton DDS, MD INC's Practice location
Corona, CA 92881 Get Direction
Santa Ana, CA 92707 Get Direction
Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Michael John Belton DDS, MD INC | Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Michael John Belton DDS, MD INC's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Belton
- New Blood Test May Help to Differentiate Between Celiac and Gluten Sensitivity
Celiac disease is a rare autoimmune illness, where the immune system starts attacking the outer layer of intestine once gluten is ingested. However, people complaining about gastrointestinal problems after gluten consumption far exceed the number of people living with celiac, these are mostly people...
- Cold Sores vs. Canker Sores
Cold sores, also called oral herpes, are highly contagious fluid-filled blisters on the lips and around the mouth. In most cases, cold sores are not that serious, but they can be life-threatening for people who have a weakened immune system such as people with AIDS. On the other hand, canker sores,...
- Different Conditions Treated by an Oral Surgeon
What is an oral surgeon?An oral surgeon, also called as an oral and maxillofacial surgeon, is a specialist trained in the detection, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of oral diseases. Aside from the usual dentistry services, oral surgeons also handle facial pain or injuries, broken jaws, dental...
- What Could Jaw Pain Mean?
Introduction Jaw pain is described as an uncomfortable, painful, and debilitating condition that can have a sudden or gradual onset. The exact symptoms also depend on the underlying cause of jaw pain. When a person has jaw pain, it can significantly affect his or her ability to speak and consume...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- How Long Will I Not Be Able to See After Undergoing Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery as it's commonly known, is performed to correct droopy upper and/or lower eyelids and under-eye bags. The surgery may be performed for functional or medical reasons. Functional blepharoplasty corrects problems related to upper eyelids that sag or droop enough to...
Nearby Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Mr. Charles Dennis Hasse DDS 16300 Sand Canyon Ave Irvine CA 92618
- Dr. Beau Mckenzie Soares D.D.S. 500 S Anaheim Hills Rd Anaheim CA 92807
- Craig Carl Thiede D.D.S. 13132 Newport Ave Tustin CA 92780
- Dr. Eric Kim M.D., D.D.S. 12372 Euclid St Garden Grove CA 92840
- Dr. Bao-thy Ngoc Grant D.D.S. 1110 E Chapman Ave Orange CA 92866
- Dr. Jonathan Kiyomi Nakano DMD 390 Lombard St. Thousand Oaks CA 91360