Dr. Susan Duffy is a geriatric psychiatrist practicing in Ann Arbor, MI. Dr. Duffy specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, particularly in older adults. Patients who visit geriatric psychiatrists typically look for help with problems like memory loss, depression, difficulty coping with change, stress, dementia, anxiety and more. Older adults may also experience emotional distress after being diagnosed with a disease as well. Dr. Duffy helps patients after a comprehensive diagnostic exam so the root of their problems can be treated.
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN- Geriatric Psychiatry
Dr. Susan M. Duffy M.D.'s Practice location
Ann Arbor, MI 48109Get Direction
IOWA CITY, IA 52242Get Direction
Dr. Susan M. Duffy M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What is Cancer Immunotherapy?
Immunotherapy, also referred as biological therapy, is a special type of cancer treatment aimed at boosting the body's immune system to help fight cancer cells. Cancer cells don’t die normally as other cells do, and divide uncontrollably with each cell making more of itself like a copy machine...
- Learning About the Beck Depression Inventory
Depression and AnxietyDepression and anxiety are disorders that are different from each other, but people suffering from depression often have symptoms that closely resemble those of anxiety. The disorder, in fact, starts out as anxiety, and if not treated at the right time with the right diagnosis,...
- Cognitive-Enhancing Medication for Parkinson's Disease
What is Parkinson’s disease?Parkinson’s disease is known to have an impact on the nerve cells in the brain that produce dopamine. It is a progressive disorder of the central nervous system that can affect body movements. The disease develops gradually, wherein there are hardly noticeable tremors...
- Symptoms of Atypical Depression
Depression is usually signified by extended moods of sadness and a generally low mood even when events occur that should normally lift someone’s spirits. Patients generally ignore all positive stimuli, preferring to remain in a cocoon irrespective of external circumstances. At one stage, the loss...
- Can Alzheimer’s Affect You Suddenly?
What is Alzheimer’s disease?Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible and progressive brain disorder, wherein the connections between the nerve cells or neurons are lost and ultimately die. It is also one of the most common causes of dementia that causes loss of intellectual and social skills. As the...
- Antidepressants for Parkinson's Disease
Parkinson’s disease affects people of ages 55-75, although it may affect younger people, too. Parkinson's disease is a neurological disorder. This disease affects the movement of muscles, their control, and balance.Symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease...
- Dr. Srinivasa Rao Kodali Other17940 FARMINGTON ROAD LIVONIA MI 48152
- Dr. Heba Taha mohammed Gad M.D.4260 PLYMOUTH ROAD ANN ARBOR MI 48109
- Dr. Sachin Jayant Bhalerao D.O.1500 E Medical Center Dr Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Mary Carol Blazek M.D.4260 Plymouth Rd Ann Arbor MI 48109
- Dr. Stephen Michael Aronson MD2020 Hogback Officenter Ann Arbor MI 48105
- Dr. Donovan T. Maust MD4260 PLYMOUTH RD ANN ARBOR MI 48109