Steven Jay Welish M.D.
Cardiologist | Cardiovascular Disease292 Columbia Ave Fort Lee NJ, 07024
Dr. Steven Welish is a cardiologist practicing in Fort Lee, NJ. Dr. Welish specializes in diagnosing, monitoring, and treating diseases or conditions of the heart and blood vessels and the cardiovascular system. These conditions include heart attacks, heart murmurs, coronary heart disease, and hypertension. Dr. Welish also practices preventative medicine, helping patients maintain a heart-healthy life.
Education and Training
Univ of Vt Coll of Med, Burlington Vt 1986
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Cardiovascular Disease
- Westchester Med Ctr, Cardiovascular Diseases; Westchester Med Ctr, Internal Medicine
- Westchester Medical Center
Steven Jay Welish M.D.'s Practice location
Fort Lee, NJ 07024Get Direction
TEANECK, NJ 07666Get Direction
Steven Jay Welish M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Welish
- What Is Atherosclerosis: Types, Symptoms, and Home Remedies
What is atherosclerosis?Atherosclerosis is also known as arteriosclerotic vascular disease or ASVD. It is a particular type of arteriosclerosis in which an artery wall gets thickened as an effect of attack and accumulation of white blood cells and rupture of the intimal smooth muscle cell producing...
- When Could Orthopnea Mean Something More Serious?
IntroductionOrthopnea is the medical term used when referring to the occurrence of dyspnea (shortness of breath) when you are lying flat. This symptom is often a sign of heart failure. However, orthopnea can also be due to other health conditions. Dyspnea (shortness of breath) is not the same with...
- What Is the Impact of Low Blood Pressure on Health?
Our body has certain parameters to maintain its normal functioning. Blood sugar levels and blood pressure readings are just a couple of screenings that can determine the body's functioning system. While having a high blood pressure is more commonly regarded by most people as dangerous, some people...
- The Difference Between Arteries and Veins
Through closed vessels the closed circulatory system transports blood. This includes the arteries, veins, and the capillaries. Blood vessels that start from the heart are arteries and vessels that carry blood back to the heart are veins.ArteriesArteries are located deep in the body and have thick...
- Evidence for Gum Disease Causing Heart Disease is Dwindling
The American Heart Association released a new statement stating that there is no conclusive evidence to support the relationship between gum disease and heart problems, and that treating gum disease can improve heart conditions. Gum disease is a major contributor to tooth loss and decay in adults....
- Digoxin and Common Brands
Generic Name: DigoxinBrand Names: Cardoxin, Lanoxin, Digitek, LanoxicapsWhat is digoxin?Digoxin is derived from the digitalis plant leaves. It helps in making the heartbeat stronger along with a more regular rhythm pattern. Digoxin is mostly used for treating individuals who suffer from heart...
- Nate E. Lebowitz M.D.2200 FLETCHER AVE FORT LEE NJ 07024
- Steve S Kim MD2200 Fletcher Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Joseph Ned Lauricella M.D.292 Columbia Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Tatiana Krasikov M.D.2200 Fletcher Avenue Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Jacqueline Hollywood M.D.2200 Fletcher Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024
- Walter D Berkowitz M.D.2200 Fletcher Ave Fort Lee NJ 07024