Dr. Jose Palou abasolo practices Radiation Oncology in San Juan, PR. Radiation oncology is a medical specialty that involves treating cancer with radiation. Dr. Palou abasolo specializes in treating cancer with radiation, using radiation therapy to treat a wide variety of cancers. Radiation therapy uses carefully targeted and regulated doses of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells.
Dr. Jose M Palou abasolo M.D.'s Practice location
San Juan, PR 00921 Get Direction
GUAYNABO, PR 00969 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jose M Palou abasolo M.D. | Radiation Oncologist | Radiation Oncology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jose M Palou abasolo M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Are the Risks of Radiation Therapy?
Radiation therapy is a type of cancer treatment that uses radiation to destroy the tumor. During the treatment, forms of radiation such as gamma rays or x-rays are used. It is one of the most employed means of treating cancer due to its effectiveness. In the treatment of cancer, it can be used as...
- Three-Week Chemotherapy Dosing Reconfirmed as First-Line Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Chemotherapy as a treatment option for cancer has existed for decades, and has long been the standard of care and first line of treatment for almost all forms of cancer. The term is an umbrella term referring to the use of medicines to halt the growth of cancerous tumors and to kill off cancerous...
- Treatments for Liver Cancer
During liver cancer treatment, different healthcare professionals work together to come up with an overall treatment plan. The treatment plan combines different types of cancer treatment to get a successful cure. This group of doctors is called a "multidisciplinary team", which include:...
- She Survived Breast Cancer, But Says a Treatment Side Effect Almost Killed Her
In 2014, 47-year-old Virginia Harrod found a lump in her breast, which turned about to be stage III breast cancer. She was immediately started on shock-and-awe chemotherapy, but as it turned out, the cancer was chemo-resistant and the tumor only grew with each treatment. Harrod then underwent a...
- All About Radiation Treatment for Breast Cancer
Continuous advancements in diagnostic and treatment methods have made breast cancer go from being a death sentence to being something that can be treated effectively for many women. Generally, breast cancer treatment falls into the categories of surgery, chemotherapy, biologic therapies, and...
- Radiotherapy for Cervical Cancer
Radiotherapy is a treatment that involves high-energy X-rays or particles, which kill cancerous cells. It is sometimes used to treat non-cancerous tumors. Studies have shown that almost half of people with cancer receive radiotherapy as a part of their treatment plan.The type of radiotherapy to be...
Nearby Radiation Oncologists
- Dr. Carlos M Chevere M.D. Upr School Of Medicine-Rcm San Juan PR 00935
- Dr. Gloria Arroyo-bosch MD 715 Ave Ponce De Leon San Juan PR 00917
- Dr. Winston S. Imbert MD 400 Ave Fd Roosevelt San Juan PR 00918
- Dr. Jose R Santana M.D. Upr School Of Medicine-Rcm San Juan PR 00935
- Dr. Jose M. Tome MD 400 Ave Fd Roosevelt San Juan PR 00918
- Dr. Ricardo Lopez mujica M.D. Upr School Of Medicine-Rcm San Juan PR 00935