Dr. Mark Stevens is a general surgeon practicing in Salt Lake City, UT. Dr. Stevens specializes in abdominal contents including the esophagus, stomach, liver, gallbladder, pancreas and often thyroid glands. General surgeons are able to deal with almost any surgical or critical care emergency, also involving the skin or soft tissue trauma. Dr. Stevens provides quality surgical service for gravely ill or injured patients and is able to respond quickly due to knowledge of various surgical procedures.
Education and Training
Univ of Ut Sch of Med, Salt Lake Cty Ut 1981
- Dallas Co Hp-Parkland Mem, General Surgery U Tx Sw Med Ctr Affil Hsps, General Surgery
Dr. Mark H Stevens MD's Practice location
Salt Lake City, UT 84103 Get Direction
SALT LAKE CITY, UT 84103 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Mark H Stevens MD | Surgeon
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Mark H Stevens MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Can I Expect After Undergoing Laparoscopic Hernia Repair?
In laparoscopic hernia repair, the surgeon makes a small incision in or just under your umbilicus and inserts a narrow tube to pump carbon dioxide into your abdomen. The gas lifts organs and other tissue, allowing a good view of your internal structures. The surgeon then inserts a telescope-like...
- What are the Treatment Options for Hernia
Hernia occurs when an organ protrudes through an opening or a tissue that keeps it in place. There are several types of hernia including inguinal, incisional, hiatal, and more. While some hernias have visible symptoms such as a lump or acidity in stomach, others are asymptotic. The latter type of...
- What are the Surgeries Used in Treating Gallstones?
Right below the liver is a small sac known as the gallbladder. Its function is to hold bile until it is required. The bile helps in the digestion/breakdown of fats. When fats are noticed by the gallbladder, it pushes the bile concentrate towards the small intestine through contractions.Bile pigment,...
- What to Expect if You Need a Colonoscopy
A colonoscopy is an outpatient procedure done in a private room, in which the inside of the large intestine, (colon and rectum), is examined. This procedure is normally used to evaluate gastrointestinal symptoms, such as rectal and intestinal bleeding, abdominal pain, or changes in bowel habits....
- What Are the Risks of Hydrocelectomy
Hydrocelectomy, also called hydrocele repair, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove or repair a hydrocele, a sac of fluid that forms around a testicle, causing swelling and pain.Hydrocelectomy is like all other surgeries—risky, and one may get hurt during the procedure, react to the...
- What to Expect After a Biopsy
Biopsies may vary differently depending on the type and location of the tissues and how hard are they to obtain. The medical term used to describe such method is “invasiveness.” A less invasive procedure will, for example, take place in a doctor’s office the same day an abnormal tissue is...
- Dr. Jesse Ellsworth Riley D.P.M. 82 S 1100 E SALT LAKE CITY UT 84102
- Dr. C. benjamin Dunkley MD 279 E 5900 S Salt Lake City UT 84107
- Dr. Steven Constantine MD 5929 Fashion Boulevard MURRAY UT 84107
- Dr. Cabot Stratford Murdock M.D 3723 W 12600 S Riverton UT 84065
- Dr. Brian Christopher Reuben M.D. 7001 South 900 East #100 Midvale UT 84047
- Dr. Rafe C Connors MD 30 N 1900 E Salt Lake City UT 84132