Dr. Robert Mendelsohn is a hematology internist practicing in Saint Louis, MO. Dr. Mendelsohn specializes in cases of suspected blood disorders when a diagnosis is unclear and further medical care is needed. Hematology internists work with other specialists such as surgeons, radiation therapists and gynecologists in order to get a better understanding on the cases. Often, patients are asked to participate in clinical research that could result in more efficient treatment methods.
Education and Training
Washington Univ Sch Of Med- St Louis Mo 1954
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Robert Simon Mendelsohn M.D.'s Practice location
Saint Louis, MO 63114 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Robert Simon Mendelsohn M.D. | Hematologist (Blood Specialist) | Hematology
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Robert Simon Mendelsohn M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Leukopenia: Symptoms and Causes
What is leukopenia?Leukopenia is a condition in which abnormally low white blood cells are circulating in the blood. This condition can be diagnosed using a blood test called complete blood count (CBC). A normal white blood cell count is usually between 3,500-11,000 WBCs per microliter. People...
- Everything You Need to Know About Biopsy Procedures
What is a biopsy?A biopsy is a medical procedure, which is mostly used in diagnosing cancer. In this procedure, a small tissue sample is taken from your body for a closer examination under the microscope. A biopsy is usually recommended by your doctor if initial tests in your body suggest an...
- How to Prepare for a Biopsy
A biopsy procedure is a very important procedure, which is used to identify the underlying cause of your abnormal body tissues. Depending on your condition and the location of the tissue abnormality, different types of biopsies may be performed on you. A biopsy preparation, therefore, depends on...
- What Are Lymphocytes?
A lymphocyte is a type of white blood cell (WBC) that has a significant function in the body's immune system. Lymphocytes function by properly responding to infectious microorganisms and other foreign invaders in the body. Lymphocytes can work alone, but some of them are also capable of...
- What Is a Universal Blood Donor?
IntroductionAn average person typically holds approximately 5 liters of blood. To stay alive, the body generally needs to have more than 2 liters of blood in the system. It can be life-threatening if more than 2 liters of blood is lost in the body. For this reason, simply donating blood can help...
- What Are Lymphocytes? Low, Normal, and High Lymphocyte Counts
Lymphocytes are a type of white blood cell produced in the bone marrow. A few lymphocytes enter the bloodstream while some move into the lymphatic system. Having a low or high lymphocyte count can help identify a person's medical condition. Normal lymphocyte counts usually vary from one laboratory...
Nearby Hematologist (Blood Specialist)s
- Dr. Carl Freter MD 3655 Vista Ave St Louis MO 63110
- Dr. Somasekhara R. Bandi M.D. 6435 Chippewa St Saint Louis MO 63109
- Dr. Vorachart Auethavekiat M.D. 915 N Grand Blvd Saint Louis MO 63106
- Dr. Donald Frank Busiek M.D. 232 S Woods Mill Rd Chesterfield MO 63017
- Dr. Jason J Li MD 3015 N Ballas Rd Saint Louis MO 63131
- Dr. Stephen P. Allen M.D. 533 Couch Ave Saint Louis MO 63122