Dr. Grant Gauger practices Neurological Surgery in San Francisco, CA. As a Neurological Surgeon, Dr. Gauger prevents, diagnoses, evaluates, and treats disorders of the autonomic, peripheral, and central nervous systems. Neurological Surgeons are trained to treat such disorders as spinal canal stenosis, herniated discs, tumors, fractures, and spinal deformities, among many others.
Education and Training
Univ of Wa Sch of Med, Seattle Wa 1960
University of Washington School of Medicine 1960
Neurological SurgeryAmerican Board of Neurological SurgeryABNS
- The effect of space radiation of the nervous system.
- Neurosurgery-epitomes of progress: intracerebral hematoma.
- Neurosurgery-epitomes of progress: penetrating brain injury.
- Neurosurgery-epitomes of progress: cauda equina claudication syndrome.
- Neurosurgery-important advances in clinical medicine: locked-in syndrome and coma vigil.
- The influence of chronic cigarette smoking on neurocognitive recovery after mild traumatic brain injury.
- Safety of axial traction.
- Spinal Subdural Abscess Following Laminectomy for Symptomatic Stenosis: A Report of 2 Cases and Review of the Literature.
- Charged particle irradiation of chordoma and chondrosarcoma of the base of skull and cervical spine: the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory experience.
- Edwin Barkley Boldrey.
- Early results of ion beam radiation therapy for sacral chordoma. A Northern California Oncology Group Study.
- Experimental hydrocephalus: surface alterations of the lateral ventricle. Scanning electron microscopic studies.
- Cardiovascular effects of venous air embolism during air and oxygen breathing.
- Scanning electron microscopy o dural repair.
- What do "fixed, dilated pupils" mean?
- Communication in the locked-in syndrome.
- HIV/AIDS, quirks and quarks.
- The great mind of Thomas Young (1773-1829).
- Spinal Stenosis
- Moffitt Hosp Univ Of Ca, Neurological Surgery; Univ Wa Med Ctr, Neurology; Univ Wa Med Ctr, General Surgery; Deaconess Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- U Calif Affil Hosp
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Program
Dr. Grant Eaton Gauger MD's Practice location
San Francisco, CA 94110Get Direction
Dr. Grant Eaton Gauger MD's reviewsWrite Review
- What Is Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus?
Normal pressure hydrocephalus (NPH) is a type of brain disorder, wherein excess cerebrospinal fluid builds up in the ventricles of the brain. It causes problems in reasoning, thinking, difficulty in walking, and loss of bladder control.Brains ventricles are hollow fluid-filled chambers. Even...
- Doctors and Specialists for Patients with Muscular Dystrophy
Everyone is susceptible to Muscular Dystrophy, especially if it runs in your family. This disease involves the diminishing and weakening of muscles. It is also a progressive condition, meaning, it can get worse and worse if left untreated. Hence, health professionals highly recommend that you see...
- Signs You Need to See a Doctor for Back Pain
There are a number of potential causes of back pain, but most of them are rare. Most cases of back pain, particularly those that go away with or without over-the-counter treatment, do not require a visit to the doctor. However, if your back pain is accompanied by any of the following signs and...
- Are There Risks to a Spinal Stenosis Surgery?
Like any other surgical procedure, spinal stenosis surgery has its own risks and possible complications. However, if performed correctly by professional medical staff, the possibility of any complication after the surgery is low.The potential risks and possible complications following a spinal...
- Laminectomy: Reasons for Having One and the Risks It Involves
What Is a Laminectomy?A laminectomy is a kind of surgery whose aim is to decompress the spinal cord. The lamina (the bone that constitutes spinal‘s vertebral arch) and bone spurs are removed during the operation. Both the lamina and bone spurs can compress your spinal cord leading to:...
- Recovery After a Laminectomy
Laminectomy is a surgical procedure done for the removal of the lamina, bone spurs, and ligaments that may be putting pressure on your spinal nerves and causing lower back pain. The procedure is said to be one of the most commonly performed back surgeries. Below is a detailed information on what...
- Dr. Ronnie I. Mimran MD1320 El Capitan Drive Danville California 94526
- Dr. Manish Kumar Aghi MD PHDUcsf Neurosurgery San Francisco CA 94143
- Dr. Peter P. Sun M.D.744 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Jeffrey Blaine Randall MD20055 Lake Chabot Rd Castro Valley CA 94546
- Dr. Michael Alan Sheinberg M.D.747 52nd St Oakland CA 94609
- Dr. Jeffrey E Thomas M.D.2100 Webster St San Francisco CA 94115