Dr. Karen Stover is a family practitioner practicing in Reno, NV. Dr. Stover specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with routine checkups, tests and personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Stover possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining health. Today, family practitioners provide more care for the underserved and rural populations than any other medical specialty.
Education and Training
University of Nevada Reno 2004
University Of Nevada School Of Medicine 2004
UNSOM-School of Medicine
American Board of Family Medicine
- High Cholesterol
- Vascular Disease
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American Academy of Family Physicians, Nevada Chapter
- University of California, Davis, UC Davis Family and Community Medicine
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Family Physicians
What do you attribute your success to?
- Love of the medical field, patient care, challenges, education and technology.
Hobbies / Sports
- Family, Friends, Traveling, Dogs, Running
Favorite professional publications
- All Major Family Medicine Publications, Research
Dr. Karen M. Stover MD's Practice location
Reno, NV 89521Get Direction
Sparks, NV 89434Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Karen M. Stover MD | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Karen M. Stover MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Stover
- Foods That Can Relieve Nausea
Nausea is a very unpleasant condition that is known as a feeling of sickness or uneasiness. Nausea is often a precursor to vomiting, and nearly everyone suffers from nausea at some point. Nausea can have a variety of different causes such as food poisoning, dehydration, motion sickness, morning...
- How Do You Get Mono?
What is mono?Mono is the short form of the disease called infectious mononucleosis. It is also popularly called as the "kissing disease". It is a very common disease, typically caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV). It leads to extreme tiredness and feelings of weakness for several weeks or...
- Alternative Treatments for Gallstones
Alternative Treatments For GallstonesA huge percentage of gallstones never show symptoms, but the moment a stone stops moving on its way to the small intestines from the gallbladder, trouble begins. That’s when signs start occurring, among them severe pain on the ride side of the abdomen that...
- What Is Hormone Therapy?
Hormone therapy is often used to relieve menopausal symptoms. However, since estrogen plays a crucial role in maintaining bone health, hormone therapy is another treatment option for osteoporosis.How does hormone therapy work?Following menopause, your body produces less estrogen and progesterone...
- When and How Is Ferrous Sulfate Used?
What is ferrous sulfate?Ferrous sulfate is a form of iron that can be obtained through supplements. Our bodies mostly get iron through the different types of food we consume. Iron becomes a part of myoglobin and hemoglobin once it is inside the body. Myoglobin enables the storage of oxygen in...
- What Is Chronic Urticaria?
IntroductionUrticaria is also known as hives, which are itchy and red welts that can be triggered by certain situations or substances. These welts may vary in sizes. They tend to repeatedly appear and fade away as the skin reaction runs its course. Each of these welts is said to characteristically...
- Dr. Victor Knutzen MD, FACS, FACOG.946 Marsh Ct Reno NV 89509
- Mrs. Erica Rae Simpson D.O.7111 S Virginia St Reno NV 89511
- Dr. Jennifer K. Hornback MD7111 S Virginia St Reno NV 89511
- Dr. Marcia Lu M.D.Unsom 123 17th St Reno NV 89557
- Dr. Vance Alm MD1895 PLUMAS ST RENO NV 89509
- Dr. Marjorie L. Uhalde PHD, MD7111 S Virginia St Reno NV 89511