Dr. Spencer Hsiao-yang Shao M.D.
Oncologist | Medical Oncology265 N Broadway St Portland OR, 97227
Dr. Spencer Shao is an oncologist practicing in Portland, OR. Dr. Shao specializes in the care and treatment of patients with cancer. As an oncologist, Dr. Shao manages and oversees the treatment of a cancer patient after he or she has been diagnosed with the disease. Oncologists will care for their patients throughout the course of the disease. Types of oncologists include medical oncologists, surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, pediatric oncologists and hematologist oncologists.
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine 1992
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- A mathematical model of P53 gene regulatory networks under radiotherapy.
- Effect of cinnamaldehyde on biofilm formation and sarA expression by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
- A multiplex touchdown PCR for detection of Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae type b and Mycobacterium tuberculosis complex in sputum samples.
- Phase II randomized trial of weekly and every-3-week ixabepilone in metastatic breast cancer patients.
- Leydig cells contribute to the inhibition of spermatogonial differentiation after irradiation of the rat.
- [Ciliated muconodular papillary tumor of lung : report of two cases].
- Sickle cell intrahepatic cholestasis: approach to a difficult problem.
- Case report: splenic sequestration and multiorgan failure as the presenting manifestation of hemoglobin SC disease.
- Prostate Cancer
- Chronic Pain
- Breast Cancer
- Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer
- Chronic Kidney Disease
- Ovarian Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma
- Wrinkle & Scar Improvement
- Extra Corporeal Shockwave Therapy
Dr. Spencer Hsiao-yang Shao M.D.'s Practice location
Dr. Spencer Hsiao-yang Shao M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Shao
- What Causes Testicular Cancer?
If you were to pose this simple question to your doctor, you would get the response that science does not know for sure what triggers cancer in the testes. But if you were to dig a little deeper, you may be drawn into a discussion on chromosomes and genes, the basic building blocks of life, and how...
- Bone Marrow Biopsies Might Not Be Necessary for Follicular Lymphoma Patients
Those suffering from follicular lymphoma have become accustomed to bone marrow biopsies throughout their treatment so that doctors can monitor their responses. However, a new study has shown these processes may not be as integral as former mandates have implied. The study has recently been published...
- Is it Lung Cancer or COPD?
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and lung cancer are two ends of the same spectrum. Though vastly different in core characteristics, they share many symptoms such as painful wheezing, a persistent cough, and the production of copious mucus. Both these diseases have similar causes and...
- Are There Routine Checks for Ovarian Cancer?
Ovarian cancer is the most common cause of death among gynecologic types of cancer. The most common risk factors for ovarian cancer are:...
- Comparative Value of PARP Inhibitors is Lacking, According to ICER Report
The Institute for Clinical and Economic Review, also known as ICER, is a non-profit organization that analyzes the value of new medical tests, treatments, and drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The goal of ICER is to use the value of these innovations and develop reports...
- Organizations That Participate in Ovarian Cancer Research
Ovarian cancer is one of the deadliest cancers affecting women today. Out of all cancers of the reproductive system, it’s the one most likely to end in fatality. About 1 out of 75 women will be diagnosed with ovarian cancer during her lifetime, and 1 out of 100 will die from the disease. With just...
- Dr. Jason A Taylor MD, PHD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Charles Dayrit Lopez M.D.3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Todd Shane Crocenzi M.D.4805 Ne Glisan St Portland OR 97213
- Dr. Tomasz M. Beer MD3181 Sw Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland OR 97239
- Dr. Uma Madhav Borate M.D.5501 Old York Rd Philadelphia PA 19141
- Dr. Edward Weilie Soo M.D.5050 Ne Hoyt St Portland OR 97213