Dr. Kelly Walsma practices Pulmonology in Columbia, MO. A pulmonologist is a physician who possesses specialized knowledge and skill in the diagnosis and treatment of pulmonary conditions and diseases. Dr. Walsma manages patients who need life support and mechanical ventilation, and is specially trained in diseases and conditions of the chest, particularly pneumonia, asthma, tuberculosis, emphysema, and complicated chest infections.
Dr. Kelly Lynn Walsma MD's Practice location
Columbia, MO 65201 Get Direction
LOS ANGELES, CA 90033 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Kelly Lynn Walsma MD | Pulmonologist | Pulmonary Disease
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Kelly Lynn Walsma MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Recent Study Evaluates Venous Blood Clot Risk in Children with Cystic Fibrosis
Children with cystic fibrosis may be at risk of developing what's called a venous thromboembolism. This is essentially a blood clot that forms in the deep veins of the body, most often in the lower legs. These clots can be extremely dangerous because they can dislodge and travel to vital organs,...
- Pneumonia: An Overview of the Disease
What is pneumonia? Pneumonia is the inflammation of the lung’s air sacs. It is a serious lung infection that can be caused by viruses, bacteria, or fungi.Your lungsYou have two lungs. Each lung has separate sections called lobes. Normally, as you breathe, air moves freely through your...
- Cystic Fibrosis Exacerbations: A Review of the Major STOP Study
Individuals and families affected by Cystic Fibrosis (CF) know that exacerbations are not just stressful, but also dangerous. CF exacerbations are associated with lung function decline, poor quality of life, and the increased risk of death or need of a lung transplant. Preventing and treating these...
- What are the Treatment Options for COPD?
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease or COPD refers to a group of respiratory diseases characterized by blockage of the airways and difficulty in breathing. The most common respiratory conditions that fall into the group are chronic bronchitis and emphysema. The damage caused by COPD to the...
- Oxygen Therapy for COPD Patients
Patients with COPD have a difficult time breathing properly, resulting in a lack of oxygen. Because of this lack of supply, the main concern that arises is that there is not enough oxygen transporting to vital organs.A lack of oxygen in the body can be fatal. It is considered the most salient...
- Pleurisy: What to Expect on Your Visit to a Pulmonologist
As with any disease, your doctor will first speak to you and asks for a detailed history. He or she will do a physical examination to come up with a differential diagnosis. Later, the diagnosis will be confirmed by doing some tests.History TakingExpect your pulmonologist to ask you questions...
- Dr. Yuji Oba MD 1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. Mohammad Jarbou MD 1701 E Broadway Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Jason Alan Goodin DO 1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Prof. Rajiv Dhand MD 1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65212
- Dr. James Percival Bosanquet MD 1 Hospital Dr Columbia MO 65201
- Dr. Ricardo Andres Hernandez M.D. 12303 Depaul Dr Bridgeton MO 63044