Dr. Jeri Walker is a psychiatrist practicing in Shirley, MA. Dr. Walker is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Walker diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Walker may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Walker treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
Education and Training
University of Mississippi School of Medicine 1969
Univ of Ms Sch of Med, Jackson Ms 1969
Psychiatry and NeurologyAmerican Board of Psychiatry and NeurologyABPN
- Agnews State Hosp, Psychiatry; Mendocino State Hosp, Psychiatry; French Hosp Med Ctr, Flexible Or Transitional Year
- Agnews State Hospital1970
- Coventry Health Care
- Advantra Freedom (Medicare)
- Advantra Medicare Advantage HMO
- Advantra Medicare Advantage POS
- Advantra Medicare Advantage PPO
- Assurant Health
- Buena Vista (Florida Medicaid)
- CHCFL Emlployee OA CFL
- Carelink - CaroMont Medical Home
- Coventry EPO
- Coventry Flex
- Coventry HMO & Premier
- Coventry Integrated Network (Workers' Comp)
- Coventry POS & Premier Plus
- Coventry Preferred (PPO)
- Diamond Plan (Medicaid)
- Duke Basic
- Duke Select
- Employer Group HMO/Open Access
- Employer Group Open Access POS
- Employer Group POS
- Employer Group PPO
- Employer Group QHDHMO
- FOCUS Network (Workers' Comp)
- Federal Employees HMO
- First Health Network (Workers' Comp)
- HMO Select Network
- Individual HMO/Open Access
- Individual PPO
- MetraComp Network (Workers' Comp)
- National Network PPO
- Prism Choice
- Spectrum 100
- WellPath (HMO or POS)
Dr. Jeri A Walker M.D.'s Practice location
Shirley, MA 01464 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Jeri A Walker M.D. | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Jeri A Walker M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Walker
- ADHD in Adults
ADHD, or attention deficit disorder, is a commonly undiagnosed mental disorder in adults. According to data provided by The American Psychiatric Association, about 5% of children in the America have ADHD; however, other studies indicate rates as high as 11%. According to other sources, the childhood...
- What are the Causes and Symptoms of Bulimia?
Bulimia is an eating disorder that causes an individual to consume large amounts of food within a small period of time. After the binge is over, the individual purges to get rid of the unhealthy amount of food he or she consumed. Some methods that an individual may opt for to compensate for the...
- What is Post Partum Depression?
Mood swings are normal after giving birth. Your emotions could be so high then down the next minute. These changes in emotion is called post partum baby blues, which begins two to three days after giving birth and usually lasts for two weeks.On the other hand, some moms or new moms experience severe...
- How Can I Treat Anxiety at Home?
Understanding AnxietyAnxiety attacks are difficult to control without the help of a therapist. But by learning and educating oneself about anxiety may help to prevent it. Anxiety is an excessive reaction to a stressful situation, which brings in trembling, a choking feeling, pain in the heart...
- What Medications Help in Treating Eating Disorders?
According to statistics, binge eating disorder is very common among young adults in the United States in comparison to anorexia and bulimia. In the last couple years, it has been treated as real medical disorder. According to the Youth Risk Behavior survey that was conducted in 2001, 35 percent of...
- Is There a Difference Between a Psychologist and a Psychiatrist?
What is a Psychologist?A psychologist is a person who studies and evaluates the mental condition of his or her patient. The education of a psychologist starts with a college degree in psychology. After attaining a bachelor of science or bachelor of arts in psychology, the individual continues school...
- Dr. Allen Y. Masry M.D. 141 S Black Horse Pike Blackwood NJ 08012
- Dr. Teo-Carlo Straun M.D. 1224 Mill Street Berlin Connecticut 06023
- Dr. Zafar Nafis Naqvi M.D. 361 Plantation St Worcester MA 01605
- Dr. Thor Agustsson DO 2020 Gravier St New Orleans LA 70112
- Joy Dana Riskin 131 Harvard St Brookline MA 2446
- Dr. Neal S. Kass M.D. 9 Damonmill Sq Concord MA 01742