Dr. Silvio De melo is a gastroenterologist practicing in San Antonio, TX. Dr. De melo specializes in the digestive system and its diseases that affect the gastrointestinal tract, which include organs from the mouth to the anus as well as liver disorders. Gastroenterology includes conditions such as hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease, colitis, nutritional problems and irritable bowel syndrome. Dr. De melo performs colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures and provides accurate and thorough care for patients suffering from digestive issues.
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM- Gastroenterology
- Single-balloon enteroscopy-guided hemostasis of an anastomotic ulcer in a patient with simultaneous enteric-drained pancreas-kidney transplant.
- Endoscopic colorectal imaging and therapy.
- Endoscopic mucosal resection with the grasp-and-snare technique through a double-channel endoscope in humans.
- Complete esophageal occlusion after band ligation.
- The role of capsule endoscopy in evaluating inflammatory bowel disease.
- Gastritis Cystica Profunda: A Deeper Problem.
- The novel use of a biliary stent as a temporizing measure in the treatment of severe refractory esophageal stricture.
- Randomized pragmatic trial of nasogastric tube placement in patients with upper gastrointestinal tract bleeding.
- Addressing disparities in the African-American community: one size does not fit all!
- Predictors of No-show Rate in the GI Endoscopy Suite at a Safety Net Academic Medical Center.
Dr. Silvio Wanderley De melo MD's Practice location
San Antonio, TX 78229Get Direction
PORTLAND, OR 97239Get Direction
Dr. Silvio Wanderley De melo MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Tay-Sachs Disease in Children
IntroductionHealthy infants tend to achieve their growth and development milestones in a timely manner. They also develop their vision, hearing, movement, and other types of vital functions because certain enzymes clear out fatty protein as well as other unwanted elements that can hinder normal...
- Stomach Ulcers: Signs, Symptoms and Treatment
An ulcer in the stomach is primarily a result of an infection that occurs due to a germ which is known as Helicobacter pylori or H. pylori. This germ is a bacteria that triggers an infection in the digestive system. Usually, medications which are mainly acid suppressants take about four to eight...
- Celiac Disease: How to Manage Your Symptoms
There is no cure for celiac disease; however, the right diet and lifestyle can help to manage the disease. The mainstay of treatment is with a gluten free diet for life. Elimination of wheat, barley, and rye from your diet will produce a dramatic clinical improvement within a few days or weeks. Oats...
- Celiac Disease Myths: Unmasking the Truth
Many people struggle with the misconceptions propagated about celiac condition that are circulating on the web. We will look at a few common myths that are circulating to unmask the truths behind them. With an increase of celiac disease awareness, there has been an explosion of grocery stores with...
- Studies Find that Avoiding Cow's Milk-Based Formula Does Not Reduce Celiac Risk
Food allergies are considered normal in modern society especially among children and infants, yet there are instances in which an individual can have a serious issue with consuming certain food products. These reactions are not always considered allergic reactions, and they can leave an individual...
- Can I Drive Home After My Colonoscopy?
Many people have been wondering whether it’s possible to drive home after a colonoscopy. A colonoscopy is used by a doctor or relevant specialist to test the colon for any complications. The colon is the last organ in the abdomen that comes immediately after the small intestine. It’s also...
- Dr. Jeff S. Bullock M.D.520 East Euclid Avenue San Antonio Texas 78212
- Dr. Bassem Mazloum M.D.8550 Datapoint Drive San Antonio Texas 78229
- Dr. Donna M Mcmyler MD8214 Wurzbach Rd San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Ravi L. Ganeshappa M.D.607 Camden San Antonio TX 78215
- Dr. Mario A Garza M.D.8214 Wurzbach Rd San Antonio TX 78229
- Dr. Yasmin Alishahi M.D.Ut College Of Medicine Memphis TN 38163