Dr. Nicholas Haglund is a hospitalist practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Haglund specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Haglund manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Haglund works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
St George',s University
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Cardiology Fellowship - University of Nebraska Medical Center 2012
- Cardiology Fellowship - Vanderbilt University Medical Center 2014
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Nicholas A Haglund M.D.'s Practice location
Portland, ME 04102 Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, KS 66160 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Nicholas A Haglund M.D. | Hospitalist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Nicholas A Haglund M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Haglund
- What Are The Signs of Bronchitis?
The human respiratory tract starts at the nose and mouth and extends down to the lungs. Air that we breathe in passes through the nasal passages, down the trachea, into some branched tubes called bronchial tubes or bronchi and then into the alveoli or air sacs in the lungs. The respiratory tract is...
- Where Exactly Does the Pain Occur During Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is the inflammation of the appendix, a disease that is mostly known as the rupture of the appendix. The human appendix is considered to be a vestigial structure. Vestigial means lacking meaningful work, or the evolving of a part of the body to take on a new shape, or an organ that has...
- Are there any vaccines to prevent Pneumonia?
Vaccination is an essential and most important step to prevent pneumococcal disease. Pneumococcal vaccine prevents serious blood, brain and lung infections from the streptococcus pneumonia bacteria. In the market, many vaccines are available for the prevention of pneumonia. There are two...
- Using Video to Stress Severity of Sleep Apnea
Sleep apnea can be managed with the help of a CPAP, short for continuous positive airway pressure therapy. But, according to the National Jewish Health organization, over 20 million people in America were diagnosed with this condition, and yet roughly half of that population doesn’t utilize the...
- Why Men Need a Colonoscopy
The Colon is the last organ of the digestive system. It can also be referred to as the large intestine, and it runs from the small intestine to the back passage. A colonoscopy is a procedure used to inspect the colon. The colon is a cancer prone area, and a colonoscopy is used to detect ulcers,...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Hilamber Subba MD 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Douglas D Macqueen MD 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Stephen M Raph MD 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Laura C Mcphee D.O. 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Matthew Fletcher DO 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Mr. Georges Tanbe M.D. 700 SHADOW LN LAS VEGAS NV 89106