Dr. Nicholas Haglund is a hospitalist practicing in Portland, ME. Dr. Haglund specializes in the comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients. As a hospitalist, Dr. Haglund manages the clinical problems of hospitalized patients and the acutely ill, while working to improve the performance of the hospital. Dr. Haglund works in collaboration with all of the different doctors that are working with the patient. Hospitalists are involved in the diagnosis, treatment and medical procedures of patients.
Education and Training
St George',s University MD
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal MedicineABIM
- Combined usage of stem cells in end-stage heart failure therapies.
- Driveline Infection Risk with Utilization of a Temporary External Anchoring Suture After Implantation of a Left Ventricular Assist Device.
- Can an Alternative Outflow Strategy be Utilized for High-Risk Bridged Patients with Previous Cardiac Surgery?
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Cardiology Fellowship - University of Nebraska Medical Center 2012
- Cardiology Fellowship - Vanderbilt University Medical Center 2014
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. Nicholas A Haglund M.D.'s Practice location
Portland, ME 04102 Get Direction
KANSAS CITY, KS 66160 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. Nicholas A Haglund M.D. | Hospitalist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. Nicholas A Haglund M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Haglund
- How to Overcome Lyme Disease with Diet, Supplements, and Natural Treatment Methods
Can you beat Lyme disease naturally? Do diet and supplements have roles to play in Lyme disease? Yes, you can beat Lyme disease naturally with diet and supplements.Lyme disease is a bacterial infection that is caused by the bite of a deer tick. Living with Lyme disease can be overwhelming,...
- 10 Amazing Benefits of Castor Oil for Skin, Hair, and Health
What is castor oil?Castor oil has been popularly known for treating skin-related infections, promoting healthy hair, and relieving constipation. However, some studies have shown that castor oil has more important uses when it comes to supporting the body’s immune system. Castor oil is known to...
- What Are the Causes of Viral Diarrhea?
Diarrhea is a condition characterized by three or more loose bowel movements. Loose bowels are said so as the nature of the motions are liquid (or semi-solid) due to the body’s inability to absorb fluid from the stool. Commonly, this disorder may lead to dehydration after lasting for a couple of...
- Are At-Home Hair Removal Kits Effective?
With most spas and salons offering waxing services, hair removal is one of the biggest industries today. But, though the industry is constantly growing, patrons are still conscious of their own privacy and believe that it should be done at home. To accommodate this, cosmetic companies have launched...
- Everything You Need to Know About Romance When You Have Cystic Fibrosis
24 year old Brad Dell is a young man who is deaf and living with cystic fibrosis. In January of 2017, he received a double lung transplant from the University of California, San Francisco. When Dell is not testing out his new lungs with active physical activity or reading comic books, he is writing...
- What is Sepsis?
Sepsis is a serious medical condition characterized by an exaggerated immune response towards an infection. This response causes the release of chemicals, which results in widespread inflammation and blood clotting in different parts of the body. Sepsis may result in sudden drop in the blood...
- Dr. Hilamber Subba MD 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Douglas D Macqueen MD 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Stephen M Raph MD 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Laura C Mcphee D.O. 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Matthew Fletcher DO 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102
- Dr. Madeleine Rebecca Martindale MD 22 Bramhall St Portland ME 04102