Dr. John Blount is a psychiatrist practicing in Springfield, MO. Dr. Blount is a medical doctor specializing in the care of mental health patients. As a psychiatrist, Dr. Blount diagnoses and treats mental illnesses. Dr. Blount may treat patients through a variety of methods including medications, psychotherapy or talk therapy, psychosocial interventions and more, depending on each individual case. Different medications that a psychiatrist might prescribe include antidepressants, antipsychotic mediations, mood stabilizers, stimulants, sedatives and hypnotics. Dr. Blount treats conditions like depression, anxiety, OCD, eating disorders, bipolar disorders, personality disorders, insomnia, ADD and other mental illnesses.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) of Illinois
- Basic Blue (Traditional)
- Blue Pathway
- BlueAdvantage Entrepreneur HMO
- BlueAdvantage Entrepreneur PPO
- BlueAdvantage HMO
- BlueChoice Pathway
- BlueChoice Select
- BlueChoice Value
- BluePrint HMO
- BluePrint PPO
- BlueValue Advantage
- Community Participating Option
- HMO Illinois
- Medicare Supplement
- SelecTEMP PPO
- SelectBlue Advantage
- Behavioral Health
- CIGNA Dental PPO
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus
- Choice Fund Open Access Plus with CareLink
- Choice Fund PPO
- FL Health Savings
- FL Open Access
- FL Open Access Value
- HMO - Northern California
- HMO - Northern California Open Access
- HMO - Southern California
- HMO - Southern California Open Access
- HMO Open Access
- Health Savings
- Medicare Access
- Medicare Select (HMO)
- Network - Northern California
- Network - Northern California Open Access
- Network - Southern California
- Network - Southern California Open Access
- Network Open Access
- Network POS
- Open Access Plan
- Open Access Plus ONLY
- Open Access Plus/CareLink
- POS - Northern California
- POS - Northern California Open Access
- POS - Southern California
- POS - Southern California Open Access
- POS Open Access
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Vision PPO
- Workers' Compensation
Dr. John Justin Blount MD's Practice location
Springfield, MO 65804 Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Dr. John Justin Blount MD | Psychiatrist | Psychiatry
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Dr. John Justin Blount MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Blount
- How Does Saphris Work?
Mechanism of ActionSaphris is an atypical antipsychotic used for the treatment of schizophrenia and bipolar disorder in both adults and children ages 10 years old and above. The drug's exact mechanism of action is still unknown. However, it is believed that like other antipsychotics, it interferes...
- Do the Symptoms of Autism Differ Between Boys and Girls?
What is Autism?Autism spectrum disorder (ASD, or simply ‘autism’, is a condition characterized by communication challenges, social-interaction difficulties, sensory sensitivities, and restricted or repetitive behavior. Restricted and repetitive behaviors are the most common of these symptoms of...
- Understanding The Relationship Between Sleep And Depression
What is the link between sleep and depression?A sleep disorders is one of the key signs of clinical depression. While some people suffering from depression sleep too much, others are not able to sleep at all. A sleep disorder does not necessarily cause depression, but the lack of rest and sleep does...
- Treating Autism
Since symptoms of autism can vary depending on the child, and behaviors can often change over time, treatment solutions should be tailored to individual needs. A program should improve a child’s communication skills while addressing social, behavioral, and learning aspects of a child’s life....
- Everything You Need to Know About Anxiety Disorder
It’s quite normal to feel nervous and have butterflies in your stomach before going to a job interview, a blind date or making an important decision. This anxiousness is body’s natural response to stress and danger. It is an automatic alarm that rings when you feel threatened, under pressure, or...
- What Is Antisocial Personality Disorder?
Antisocial Personality DisorderAntisocial personality disorder, also called sociopathy, is a type of personality disorder that is characterized by irresponsible, criminal, and impulsive behavior. A person with antisocial personality disorder is often reckless, dishonest, and manipulative with no...
- Dr. Bashir Ahmed M.D. 2076 West Buena Vista Street Springfield Missouri 65810
- Dr. Julie Ann Warren M.D. 1911 S National Ave Springfield MO 65804
- Dr. Krishnendu Ghosh M.D. 1235 E CHEROKEE ST SPRINGFIELD MO 65804
- Dr. Sara R Catania D.O. 601 N 30th St Omaha NE 68131
- Dr. Maxine June Ain MD US Hwy 160 & Navajo Route 25 - Red Mesa Teec Nos Pos AZ 86514
- Dr. Rex Eugene Taber M.D, 3061 Fillmore St San Francisco CA 94123