Gianmarco R. Paris, MD, is a leading ophthalmologist currently serving patients at Howitt Eye Care in Boynton Beach, Florida. Throughout his many years of practice, he has accrued extensive expertise in medical and surgical ophthalmology, including diagnosis, treatment, and management of cataracts and glaucoma. After earning his medical degree in 1991 at the Central University of Venezuela School of Medicine, during which time he was awarded the Fundayacucho National Excellence Scholarship for his academic performance, Dr. Paris completed the Venezuelan Premier Ophthalmology training program at Hospital J. A. Risquez, followed by internship and ophthalmology residency as well as a two-year fellowship in glaucoma at The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, where he was awarded the Gillingham fellowship and a Whitehead Fellowship Award. Dr. Paris is board-certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology. Additionally, in order to stay up to date on all medical advancements in his field, he maintains a professional membership with the American Academy of Ophthalmology and the Pan American Association of Ophthalmology.
Education and Training
Universidad Central De Venezuela - Jose Maria Vargas MD
Universidad Central De Venezuela--Luis Razetti, Escuela De Medicine 1991
Areas of expertise and specialization
Faculty Titles & Positions
- Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology University of Texas Health Science Center S.A. 2005 - 2006
- Whitehead Pan-American Fellowship 1999 University of Texas Health Science Center at S.A.
- Gillingham Fellowship 2000 Retina Research Foundation
- Mary Bass Boenker Scholar Award 2004 University of Tevas Health Science Center
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Pan-american Association of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Hospital F.A Risquez
- University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Glaucoma, The University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio
Professional Society Memberships
- American Academy of Ophthalmology, Pan American Association of Ophthalmology
Articles and Publications
- 10 Articles
Hobbies / Sports
- Scuba Diving, Basketball
Favorite professional publications
- American Journal of Ophthalmology
- Aventura Hospital and Medical Center ( Aventura, FL )
- North Shore Medical Center ( Miami, FL )
Mr. Gianmarco Paris M.D.'s Practice location
Boynton Beach, FL 33426Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Mr. Gianmarco Paris M.D. | Ophthalmologist
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Mr. Gianmarco Paris M.D.'s reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Paris
- Everything You Need to Know About Conjunctivitis
What is Conjunctivitis?Conjunctivitis is an inflammation of the conjunctiva (a transparent membrane that covers the white part of the eyeball and lines the eyelids). Conjunctivitis is also known as pink eye, due to the characteristic pink or reddish color of the whites of the eyes.What Causes...
- What are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis?
Conjunctivitis is an infection of the eyes. It is easily contracted, but if treated in the right way, could be cured easily. There are several types of conjunctivitis, and two of them are Gonococcal and Chlamydial Conjunctivitis. These types of conjunctivitis are usually bacterial and may affect one...
- Rosacea: What is Light Therapy and Why is it Used?
Rosacea is a chronic skin condition that mainly affects women past their 30s. According to the National Rosacea Society, approximately 16 million people in the US alone are affected with rosacea. It is a very common problem, especially among fair-skinned people. Rosacea causes redness over your...
- Differences Between Optometrists, Opticians, and Ophthalmologists
Safeguarding Your VisionWe are all dependent on our vision in more ways than we realize. Without a healthy vision, we would be unable to smoothly do a lot of things. Our vision enables us to properly work and recognize faces and objects.There are numerous factors that can affect our eyes, including...
- What is Chalazion? Know about its Symptoms, Causes and Treatment
What is Chalazion?A chalazion is a benign and painless nodule which can occur in the upper or lower eyelid. It is common and is sometimes called a meibomian cyst or a tarsal cyst. The term chalazion (pronounced kah-la'-ze-on) originates from the Greek word which means a small lump. These nodules...
- In Plain Sight: Vision Changes Linked to Parkinson’s Disease
Parkinson’s disease is a chronic, progressive movement disorder that affects the nervous system. It is characterized by gradual death and breakdown of nerve cells in the brain resulting in the decreased production of a chemical messenger called dopamine. Reduced dopamine levels cause abnormal...
- Dr. Veeral Shah M.D., PHD.900 Nw 17th St Miami FL 33136
- Dr. Stanley Braverman MD FACS1935 East Hallandale Beach Blvd. Hallandale Beach Florida 33009
- Joel D. Aronowicz7949 Northwest 2nd Street Miami Florida 33126
- Dr. Raul F. Masvidal M.D.250 South West 42nd Avenue Miami Florida 33134
- Dr. Norman J. Schatz MD4701 N. Meridian Avenue Miami Beach FL 33140
- Dr. Sara Tullis Wester M.D.900 NW 17th Street Miami Florida 33136