Dr. Brooke Ivan Polk MD
Pediatrician1 CHILDRENS PL SAINT LOUIS MO, 63110
Dr. Brooke Polk is a pediatrician practicing in Kansas City, MO. Dr. Polk is a doctor who specializes in the health care of children. As a pedicatrician, Dr. Polk diagnoses and treats infections, injuries, diseases and other disorders in children. Pediatricians typically work with infants, children, teenagers and young adults up to age 21. They practice medical care as well as preventative health care. Dr. Polk can oversee and manage the physical, mental and emotional health of their patients.
Expert PublicationsData provided by the National Library of Medicine
Dr. Brooke Ivan Polk MD's Practice location
Kansas City, MO 64108Get Direction
SAINT LOUIS, MO 63110Get Direction
- What Medications Are Required to Treat Meningitis?
The type of treatment to use is determined by the organism that causes the illness, the severity of the disease, the age of the patient and overall health status.What tests are done to identify meningitis?A few tests may be performed to determine whether you have meningitis. Tests are also done to...
- What is Hand, Foot, and Mouth Disease?
This mild viral disease most commonly seen in children is caused by enterovirus. Hand, foot, and mouth disease may happen in adults as well. It is characterized by sores in the mouth, hands, and legs and usually lasts for a few weeks. The disease is more common during the summer and fall. This...
- The Risk for Developing Cerebral Palsy in Babies is Higher at 37 or 38 Weeks
Babies born at 40 weeks have a lower risk of developing cerebral palsy, when compared to babies born at 37 or 38 weeks, or at 42 weeks and later, according to a new study published in, The Journal of the American Medical Association. But the absolute risk of developing this condition in babies is...
- Is Vaccination an Old Method or Another Achievement of the Modern Era?
In the early 19th to the 20th century, parents would have been surprised to know that future generations would be free from childhood diseases. Diphtheria was then one of the most common diseases that took the lives of thousands of children, while polio left thousands of children crippled. Measles...
- Cow Milk Formula Helps Babies to Gain Weight
According to a study, infants who were fed on cow’s milk formula gained weight more quickly, when compared to infants who were fed on protein hydrolysate formulas. Protein hydrolysate formulas, or hypoallergenic formulas, are meant for children who have problems digesting certain proteins. The...
- Mono vs. Strep Throat Symptoms
OverviewA sore throat is often caused by the common cold, which can be a mild condition that resolves on its own without the need for medical treatment. However, there are also other causes of sore throats, such as strep throat and infectious mononucleosis or mono, which is caused by...
- Dr. Rolanda Gott MD 3800 Park Avenue Saint Louis MO 63110
- Kayleigh Fischer1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110
- Abby Solomon Hollander1 Children?s Place Saint Louis Missouri 63110
- Dr. Mayte I. Figueroa MD1 CHILDRENS PL SAINT LOUIS MO 63110
- Marietta Origeneza Belen1 Children's Place St. Louis Missouri 63110
- Dr. Stuart Tomko MD1 Childrens Pl Saint Louis MO 63110