Dr. Muna Jama is a family practitioner/Hospitalist currently practicing in the Northern Virginia/DC area. Dr. Jama specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Jama possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining a healthy well-balanced life.
Education and Training
University of Virginia MD 2009
George Mason University BS in biology 2005
American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- University of Minnesota (Family Medicine)
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale (General Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Hospital Medicine, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Articles and Publications
- Two Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- To the support she received from her family, especially from ,her parents. Also, to hard work, being focused, and to God's blessings.
Hobbies / Sports
- Exercising, Cooking, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- The New England Journal of Medicine, JAMA Peer-Reviewed Journal
Muna A. Jama MD's Practice location
Alexandria, VA 22304Get Direction
SUFFOLK, VA 23434Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Muna A. Jama MD | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Muna A. Jama MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jama
- Facts About Meningitis Vaccines
IntroductionThe only way to prevent serious and life-threatening diseases such as meningitis is through vaccination. Meningitis can also be caused by viral, bacterial, and fungal infections. The infection usually affects the meninges or membranes that enclose the brain and spinal cord. Although...
- What Is a Yeast Infection of the Skin?
IntroductionThe most common type of yeast infection in the skin is candidiasis, which is caused by Candida species. There are more than 20 Candida species that exist, and the most common among them is Candida albicans. These fungi may also occasionally cause infections. Below are some of the...
- Home Remedies for Oral Candidiasis
Oral thrush or oral candidiasis is an infection of the mouth caused by the fungus, Candida. This fungus is also known as yeast. It is normal for Candida organisms to live in our bodies since they are generally harmless. However, when they overgrow, they can cause infections. Such infections can...
- What Is Cat Scratch Fever?
IntroductionCat scratch fever or cat scratch disease is a bacterial infection spread by cats. You can get the cat scratch fever from a scratch or bite of a cat that is infected with the bacterium called Bartonella henselae. Aside from the infected cat’s scratch, you can also acquire the infection...
- How Is Bronchitis Differentiated from Other Chest Infections?
Bronchial tubes are the airways through which air travels and reaches the lungs. The inflammation of these bronchial tubes is called bronchitis. The inflammation is more often caused by a viral infection, smoke, dust, or other irritants.Bronchitis may be due to a chest infection, inflammation of...
- Questions You Should Be Asking Your Doctor
IntroductionAlthough doctors have the best intentions, it does not always mean that they will perfectly recognize their patient’s greatest need. For this reason, patients also need to take an active role when it comes to communicating with their doctor.One of the best ways to make sure that...
- Dr. January F. Dumlao-Umayam MD6355 Walker Ln Alexandria Virginia 22310
- Dr. Uzochukwu W. Unegbu MD6323 Georgia Ave Nw Washington DC 20011
- Dr. Richard Elion MD1140 Varnum St NE Washington DC 20017
- Dr. Linda George MD6355 Walker Ln Alexandria VA 22310
- Dr. Eveline Biyoga Ane MD7219 Hanover Pkwy Greenbelt MD 20770
- Dr. Janice E. Ragland MD555 Herndon Pkwy Herndon VA 20170