Dr. Muna Jama is a family practitioner/Hospitalist currently practicing in the Northern Virginia/DC area. Dr. Jama specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Jama possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining a healthy well-balanced life.
Education and Training
University of Virginia MD 2009
George Mason University BS in biology 2005
American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- University of Minnesota (Family Medicine)
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale (General Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Hospital Medicine, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Articles and Publications
- Two Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- To the support she received from her family, especially from ,her parents. Also, to hard work, being focused, and to God's blessings.
Hobbies / Sports
- Exercising, Cooking, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- The New England Journal of Medicine, JAMA Peer-Reviewed Journal
Muna A. Jama MD's Practice location
Alexandria, VA 22304Get Direction
SUFFOLK, VA 23434Get Direction
Request An Appointment With Muna A. Jama MD | Family Practitioner
Please note that this request is not considered final until you receive email notification confirming the details.
In the event the doctor is not yet registered with FindaTopDoc, we will contact the office on your behalf in an effort to secure your appointment.
Muna A. Jama MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jama
- Do I Need to Change My Lifestyle Habits if I Have Hypothyroidism?
Hypothyroidism is a disease that affects the metabolic rate and energy levels of the body. It is characterized by a defect in the thyroid gland that reduces the production of thyroid hormones, the hormones responsible for regulating the metabolism of the body. Hypothyroidism is characterized by...
- Can My Period Be the Cause of My Anemia?
Anemia is sometimes more commonly referred to as low iron because its root cause is less iron being produced by the body. There are staggering numbers of people increasing in the world every year who are under the torment of this notorious disease. The basic dysfunction starts within the red blood...
- Did You Know That Bactrim Can Treat Multiple Infections?
Bacteria are microorganisms that thrive in the environment, but they are not always harmful. There are a number of vital functions that are performed by bacteria, which are essential for our day-to-day living. However, sometimes, these bacteria may leave harmful strains on or inside our body. When...
- Preventing Dehydration
Dehydration results when you lose water in your body. The rule of thumb is, if you’re thirsty, you’re already dehydrated. Keep well hydrated by drinking plenty of water, even before you begin your outdoor activity,” said Dr. Irvin Sulapas, a primary care sports medicine physician and assistant...
- What Is IBS with Diarrhea (IBS-D)?
If you are suffering from IBS-D, you may experience belly pain that is usually associated with irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and you will be forced to make several trips to the bathroom. The letter "D" stands for "diarrhea".General CausesThere is no actual cause of IBS-D. However, the following are...
- Candida Overgrowth Syndrome: How to Treat Candida Overgrowth?
What is Candida?Candida is a form of yeast or fungus, which lives in the mouth or intestines. The main role of Candida, when in proper levels, is to aid in digestion and nutrient absorption. However, when there is an overproduction of Candida, it breaks down the wall of the intestines and...
- Dr. January F. Dumlao-Umayam MD6355 Walker Ln Alexandria Virginia 22310
- Dr. Uzochukwu W. Unegbu MD6323 Georgia Ave Nw Washington DC 20011
- Dr. Dainty Jackson D. O.10 Saint Patricks Dr Waldorf MD 20603
- Dr. Eveline Biyoga Ane MD7219 Hanover Pkwy Greenbelt MD 20770
- Dr. Matthew R Haden M.D.20401 N 73rd St Scottsdale AZ 85255
- Dr. Janice E. Ragland MD555 Herndon Pkwy Herndon VA 20170