Muna A. Jama MD
Family Practitioner4320 Seminary Rd Alexandria VA, 22304
Dr. Muna Jama is a family practitioner/Hospitalist currently practicing in the Northern Virginia/DC area. Dr. Jama specializes in comprehensive health care for people of all ages. In addition to diagnosing and treating illnesses, family practitioners also put focus on preventative care with personalized coaching on how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. Dr. Jama possesses immense general knowledge on maintaining a healthy well-balanced life.
Education and Training
University of Virginia MD 2009
George Mason University BS in biology 2005
American Board of Family Medicine
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- Society of Hospital Medicine
- Southern Illinois University Carbondale (General Surgery)
Professional Society Memberships
- Society of Hospital Medicine, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene
Articles and Publications
- Two Publications
What do you attribute your success to?
- To the support she received from her family, especially from ,her parents. Also, to hard work, being focused, and to God's blessings.
Hobbies / Sports
- Exercising, Cooking, Reading
Favorite professional publications
- The New England Journal of Medicine, JAMA Peer-Reviewed Journal
Muna A. Jama MD's Practice location
Alexandria, VA 22304Get Direction
SUFFOLK, VA 23434Get Direction
Muna A. Jama MD's reviewsWrite Review
Patient Experience with Dr. Jama
- Is Shingles Contagious? How Do You Get Shingles?
Shingles is a contagious viral infection that is caused by the varicella zoster virus, the same virus that causes chickenpox. This virus affects a particular nerve section, causing painful rashes on the skin connected to that particular nerve. The rash normally appears in a form of a band on any...
- Causes and Helpful Tips for Enuresis (Bedwetting)
What is enuresis?Enuresis, also called nocturnal enuresis, is the medical term for bedwetting or urinating during sleep. Bedwetting is usually part of a child’s development. It is fairly common among children and is slightly more common in boys.Most children outgrow bedwetting without any...
- How Do You Contract Meningitis?
The majority of meningitis is as a result of viruses and bacteria that harbor in our bodies. These germs normally live in the nose and throat or the intestines and can cause sickness. The bacteria can result in inflammation if they spread to the tissues lining the spinal cord and the brain....
- What Are White 377 Pills: Usage, Dosage and Effects
IntroductionThe 377 pill is an elliptical or oval-shaped, white-colored tablet with an imprint of "377". It has been identified to contain tramadol hydrochloride in the strength of 50 mg. This tablet is manufactured by Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. The size of this tablet is 13 mm. It is only...
- Does the Pertussis Vaccine Have Any Contraindications and Side Effects?
Pertussis is an infection of the upper respiratory system. The disease is highly contagious and spreads through the coughing and sneezing of an infected individual. This highly contagious and airborne disease is caused by the bacteria called Bordetella pertussis. The symptoms of pertussis typically...
- What are the Risks of Dehydration?
Children and senior citizens are more prone to dehydration, although, the problem may affect individuals in any age group. It is growing concern among health care providers as people are unaware of the complications that may arise out of dehydration or they refuse to take the implications seriously....
- Dr. January F. Dumlao-Umayam MD6355 Walker Ln Alexandria Virginia 22310
- Dr. Uzochukwu W. Unegbu MD6323 Georgia Ave Nw Washington DC 20011
- Dr. Richard Elion MD1140 Varnum St NE Washington DC 20017
- Dr. Linda George MD6355 Walker Ln Alexandria VA 22310
- Dr. Sandra Yvonne Robinson-redway M.D.3331 Toledo Terrace Hyattsville MD 20782
- Dr. Janice E. Ragland MD555 Herndon Pkwy Herndon VA 20170