Dr. Robert Bendon practices Pediatric Pathology in Louisville, KY. As a pediatric pathologist, Dr. Bendon is skilled in the diagnosis and characterization of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of children. Pediatric pathologists gain expertise in the laboratory diagnosis of diseases that occur during fetal growth, infancy, and child development.
Education and Training
Drexel University College of Medicine 1975
HAHNEMANN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINE 1975
- Invasive Candida enteritis of the newborn.
- One-month-old infant with multiple ulcers of stomach, small bowel, large bowel, and protein-losing enteropathy: case report.
- Review of some causes of stillbirth.
- Developmental field defects: coming together of associations and sequences during blastogenesis.
- What we have learned regarding antibiotic therapy for the reduction of infant morbidity after preterm premature rupture of the membranes.
- Non-iatrogenic pathology of the preterm infant.
- Complement component 9 activation, consumption, and neuronal deposition in the post-hypoxic-ischemic central nervous system of human newborn infants.
- The anatomic basis of maternal serum screening.
- Articles on umbilical cord torsion and fetal death.
- Stillborn infant with calcified chorionic epithelium, corneal scarring, and pericarditis.
- Review of autopsies of stillborn infants with retroplacental hematoma or hemorrhage.
- Lesion in the placenta of a monkey.
- Nosology: infarction hematoma, a placental infarction encasing a hematoma.
- Routine pathological examination of placentae from abnormal pregnancies.
- Histopathology of spontaneous abortion in diabetic pregnancies.
- Morphologic characteristics of the placenta in glycogen storage disease type II (alpha-1,4-glucosidase deficiency).
- In vitro umbilical cord wrapping and torsion: possible cause of umbilical blood flow occlusion.
- Carcinoembryonic antigen, alpha 1-antitrypsin, and alpha-fetoprotein in the pancreas of patients with cystic fibrosis.
- Further observations of ocular pathology in trisomy 9.
- Significance of C4d Immunostaining in Placental Chronic Intervillositis.
- Clinical pathology conference: acute twin-to-twin in utero transfusion.
- Recurrent developmental anomalies: 1. Syndrome of hydranencephaly with renal aplastic dysplasia; 2. Polyvalvular developmental heart defect.
- Prenatal detection of triploidy.
- Herpes simplex virus: fetal and decidual infection.
- Simple ectopia of the kidney in monozygotic twins.
- Glycogen accumulation in the pars recta of the proximal tubule in Fanconi syndrome.
- The pathologic findings of the fetal membranes in very prolonged amniotic fluid leakage.
- A maternal death due to thrombotic disease associated with anticardiolipin
- Observer reliability in assessing placental maturity by histology.
- Megakaryocytosis of the liver in a trisomy 21 stillbirth.
- Twin transfusion: pathological studies of the monochorionic placenta in liveborn twins and of the perinatal autopsy in monochorionic twin pairs.
- Histopathology of fetal membrane rupture: a review of the literature.
- Foreign body reaction to exogenous pulmonary surfactant in an infant with hydrops and cardiomyopathy.
- Maternal floor infarction in autoimmune disease: two cases.
- Perinatal pathology of interhemispheric cyst with thinned posterior corpus callosum: four cases.
- Histologic features of chorioamnion membrane rupture: development of methodology.
- Pathological case of the month. Rhabdoid tumor of the kidney.
- Mortality conference: twin-to-twin transfusion.
- Two fetal deaths associated with maternal sepsis and with thrombosis of the intervillous space of the placenta.
- Ivemark's renal-hepatic-pancreatic dysplasia: analytic approach to a perinatal autopsy.
- Endometrial stromal sarcoma involving the placenta.
- Predictive value of fetal ultrasonography in the diagnosis of a lethal skeletal dysplasia.
- Childrens Hosp Med Ctr, Pediatrics University Hosp, Inc, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology New England Med Ctr Hosps, Anatomic And Clinical Pathology Univ Of Wi Hosp & Cli, Obstetrics And Gynecology
Dr. Robert W Bendon MD's Practice location
Louisville, KY 40202Get Direction
Dr. Robert W Bendon MD's reviewsWrite Review
- Cities at the Frontline in the Global Diabetes Epidemic
An alarming increase in the number of individuals suffering from diabetes worldwide finds its peak in big cities, according to statistics.According to a new estimation published some time ago, more than 400 million people worldwide suffer from a type of diabetes, whether it be type 1 or 2. This same...
- Does One Factor Double Death Risk from Breast Cancer?
Researchers from Sweden look to identify whether certain risk factors present an increased long-term risk of death from breast cancer. Read on to learn more.The risk of developing breast cancer increases with age, as it tends to develop in women between the ages of 50-69. However, there are also...
- Foods That Can Relieve Nausea
Nausea is a very unpleasant condition that is known as a feeling of sickness or uneasiness. Nausea is often a precursor to vomiting, and nearly everyone suffers from nausea at some point. Nausea can have a variety of different causes such as food poisoning, dehydration, motion sickness, morning...
- The Best Diet for Lupus
There is no established diet for lupus. Just like any other condition, people with lupus should eat a healthy diet that includes fresh vegetables, fruits, and proteins. But, not every food is good, and it's vital for patients to understand which food is good and which food is bad. Here is a guide...
- Yellow Eyes: When to Be Concerned
IntroductionA person's eyes can offer personality insights, and at the same time, provide warning signs about the body's overall health. When the white portion of the eyes called sclera turns yellowish in color, it is often a signal that something is not right in the body. It also indicates a...
- Simple Diet Changes Can Treat Hypertension
Simple Diet Changes Can Treat HypertensionMost people would like to avoid the use of medications for their health issues whenever possible. Dietary approaches to stop hypertension such as the DASH diet were developed for this particular reason. Not only does it provide a healthy way in which to...